• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Winter Suits

Jim see below.
"Dear David

Thank you for your enquiry and sorry to hear that you have experienced this problem with your Pajaro.

Because you have already tried to treat the garment with the Nikwax products yourself I would suggest that you send it in to us to have a look at for you.
I have attached a questionnaire – please print this off, complete it with as much detail as possible and return it with the garment to the address shown.
I’d suggest sending the parcel by special delivery so that it is insured and trackable (we will refund your postage costs) and mark the outside of the parcel “FAO Nikwax Customer Servicesâ€.
Once we have the garment we will aim to turn it around within 5 working days of receipt.".

Well, David, That's an excellent response.

How about giving Paramo and Nikwax the chance to put this right rather than poke fun. If I were the CEO of either organisation and I was looking into the issues raised, I would be less than pleased with the flippant comments, not take the protagonists seriously and be less inclined to help.

Looking at the rest of your posts on here I'm beginning to think you may be the CEO Jim.

I did mention at the outset that Sir Ranulph and I went back along way to when we were at boarding school together. We still meet fairly regularly at our club. And yes, Sir Ranulph is being sponsored by Paramo. Apart from this, I have no connection whatsoever with Paramo or Nikwax. Although my brother is a fairly senior member of the Nikwos board, we seldom speak.

I did mention at the outset that Sir Ranulph and I went back along way to when we were at boarding school together. We still meet fairly regularly at our club. And yes, Sir Ranulph is being sponsored by Paramo. Apart from this, I have no connection whatsoever with Paramo or Nikwax. Although my brother is a fairly senior member of the Nikwos board, we seldom speak.

Jim, you might want to mention to SRP before the off that a good friend of mine who does a lot of Alpine hiking, having been caught out, soaked and consequently VERY cold through his Paramo coat now uses his only for going to the footie and shopping with his missus !

I suppose it doesn't rain in the Arctic though :)

Paramo Pajaro Mens Waterproof Jacket Reviews | GO Outdoors

Jim there are reviews above which seem to concur with my complaints. The paramo response to me was it is nikwax stuff at fault not the jacket.

There are some good reviews as well! I love my Paramo jacket and one day I'll have to test it in the rain. So far, I've only worn it in Waitrose where Waitrose shoppers recognise how much it cost. No point in wearing it in the budget stores as that sort of clientele wouldn't recognise the difference between Paramo and pyjamas.

There are some good reviews as well! I love my Paramo jacket and one day I'll have to test it in the rain. So far, I've only worn it in Waitrose where Waitrose shoppers recognise how much it cost. No point in wearing it in the budget stores as that sort of clientele wouldn't recognise the difference between Paramo and pyjamas.
They would if it were raining Jim; The Guy in pyjamas would be dryer and have more money to spend!

They would if it were raining Jim; The Guy in pyjamas would be dryer and have more money to spend!

Hey, Kevin, how could you? I'll have you know that my pyjamas are made of the finest silk, with my monogram and the same discrete coat of arms as is on the butts of my hexagraphs. Between you and me, my pyjamas actually cost more that my Paramo jacket.

Hey, Kevin, how could you? I'll have you know that my pyjamas are made of the finest silk, with my monogram and the same discrete coat of arms as is on the butts of my hexagraphs. Between you and me, my pyjamas actually cost more that my Paramo jacket.

That coat of arms would be two crossed wooden spoons and a shoe to signify 'cobblers' would it Jim ? :)

Cheap jibes at my ancestry are not appreciated. I'll have you know that my family's coat of arms is as follows:

A large bird, underneath the inscription :phalacrocorax carbo Fatales . Above the large bird is a crest and underneath a blunderbus.

Sir Ranulph already has a title and I feel I don't get the same respect from others in our club. I mentioned this to Sir Ranulph a few days ago. He knows Poppa Middleton and apparently she has a fair bit of influence in the right circles. He said he would put in a good word for me. I'm not raising my expectations too much, but something might just be in the pipeline in the New Year's Honours List. As Sir Ranulph commented, if Sir Jimmy can be granted a title, then anyone is in with a shout. And he made the point that I have done so much for championing the cause for the protection of wildlife.

More like Phalacrocorax carbo a phoenix arising from the ashes. Google that one and a lovelier image you will not find.

ANAND ARYA ASSOCIATES
STRATEGIC TURN-AROUND MANAGEMENT GROUP

Perhaps this guy can manage to strategically turn around our situation Jim, and sort our cormorants out :p

Cheers, Dave

Back