• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

whats your pb?

whats your pb?

• Total voters
10.1 Severn barbel trying to beat it, having a night on the Trent the 14th sept, so hopefully I might beat it!

13lb on the nose from the Goyt in Feb 2009. It was bigger than the river record at the time though I tend to fish alone and had no witnesses. Also, I was flapping like a good 'un and the self take was, as a consequence, rubbish.

Using Anthony Pearson's calculations; over 100%. :)

That's one of the reasons I was hoping people would state the river the fish were caught from, does make for some interesting statistics tho....

Over half the anglers that have polled have a pb of 13lb or over!

my best barbel is 10lb 3 0z on the stick from the severn, but had loads of barbel 8/9 + off severn/dane and ribble/trent, and lost some creatures,

I can beat that , 6oz specimen ,Yorkshire Ouse 2007 , none tidal section upstream of York , beyond that I am not prepared to divulge :D

Back