• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

whats your pb?

whats your pb?

• Total voters
some rivers clearly have fewer but bigger fish, e.g. the Lodden. My PB is a 15lb 8oz Lodden fish caught Aug 2008, other than another Lodden fish of 14.10 I haven't caught anything over 11.8 anywhere else.

some rivers clearly have fewer but bigger fish, e.g. the Lodden. My PB is a 15lb 8oz Lodden fish caught Aug 2008, other than another Lodden fish of 14.10 I haven't caught anything over 11.8 anywhere else.

Beat me by 1oz for the LoddOn...git :p

From what I've seen barbel fishing most angler's are over the moon with small ones. :)

40+ above 15lb so far wow!!. Can't be 40 different barbel above this weight IMO. I'm taking nothing away from their captures. They are all special fish. If i had to put money it I'd say they are 15 to 20 barbel at most. Thoughts with my tin hat on?

Mine is 15lb-8oz from the Bristol Avon.

Andy

Paul, assume you mean all from the same river/stretch in which case I suspect your right, I know from our conversations that you and Ian have had a good few repeat captures.

Interesting poll this one...
5th October 2012 WA, second cast 13.12 third cast 15.5
Probably a lifetime brace but you never know :) Also had 2 14's since then and all different fish.

something strange here. The last post column says Sean Heath today (100913) at 10:51.
Click on last page, and it says in top left corner that it was posted on 07 /09 /13 at 14:40??

Just squeezed in the 16-17 bracket with a 16lber on the nose, caught from a less publicised section of The Great Ouse in October 2009.

Kind Regards
Andy

16.01 from the Loddon in 2002. Lovely fish which I caught three times in that season, going from 14.02 in August to 16.01 in March.

Nick C

And to be honest I'd never posted a poll so wanted to work out how it was done :D

Now you ve done it Chris do another with a list of the rivers so we can see the river that has produced most people's "PB" - just don't mention stretches or swims :D

And I ve asked you cos I don't know how to do a Poll :D

Back