• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

whats your pb?

whats your pb?

• Total voters
I'd put this little baby at no more than 2oz's, 3 tops
ash-gould-albums-baby-barbel-picture1757-endofaug2010.jpg

Anyone one have a simple calculation for figuring out the percentage of river record. I am not exactly a maths genius. ;-)

If that's the case then my p.b. is 83% of the river record.
And my local Bristol Avon fish is also 83% of the record.

10.5lb caught many years ago at eastham bridge on the bend,part of 14 barbell in 4 hours one afternoon..............if only it still fished like that!

No unhooking mat:eek::eek:You should be ashamed of yourself.

I am.

I've just spent the last half an hour having air dried wakas pelted at me by the official gestapo section of the BP. The welts on my face and back will serve as a stark reminder that my unhooking mat is not just a seat.

I am.

I've just spent the last half an hour having air dried wakas pelted at me by the official gestapo section of the BP. The welts on my face and back will serve as a stark reminder that my unhooking mat is not just a seat.

Quite right Ashley. An unhooking mat is essential, especially in summer when the ground is hard. Otherwise you will get very sore knees while unhooking your fish ;)

When they are that size I prefer the cradle to the net.

I define personel best a little differently, my most memorable personel catch was an 8 oz barbel, it just made me smile from ear to ear. And as I've said before on here looked straight out of the packet.
Mint!

Biggest shouldn't always mean best , unfortunately in Angling today that is the maxim of many . Whoppers are great and we all want to catch one but best ' can mean something very different from biggest as some have outlined in the thread . Perhaps the thread should be entitled '' most memorable '' capture ?

Biggest shouldn't always mean best , unfortunately in Angling today that is the maxim of many . Whoppers are great and we all want to catch one but best ' can mean something very different from biggest as some have outlined in the thread . Perhaps the thread should be entitled '' most memorable '' capture ?

A very good point Mike, I guess for me there have been a couple, one in particular was when I was fishing a backwater of the W.Avon when a family of Swan with about eight Cygnets went over where my bait was, and at that moment the rod lurched and after a great tussle I had a beautifully conditioned 10lb plus Barbel in the net.

Least expected I guess.:)

I agree with you to an extent - however the aim of this thread wasn't to identify any anglers most memorable capture. I'm sure I have seen that very topic on a thread before.

I wanted to get an idea of anglers heaviest barbel and the river and year it was caught.

Back