• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

whats your pb?

whats your pb?

• Total voters

Chris Cheshire

I have wondered why this hasn't been done before...

nothing too elaborate, i don't want people feeling uptight at the thought of disclosing information that will make their favourite haunts a circus, just weight, river and month/year.

Chris

I'll play. There's a few voted already.

15lb 13oz Tidal Trent February 2012. Fish of a lifetime - downside, I've not had anything like the same enthusiasm to fish the Trent for barbel since!

Last edited:
It would be more interesting to see what an angler's PB is, as a percentage of the river record where he caught the fish. Using this method my biggest fish (11lb 2oz) is only 58% of the Trent record, whereas the one I consider to be my best (10lb 8oz), currently stands at 90% of that from the Nidd .

Last edited:
It would be more intersting to see what an angler's PB is, as a percentage of the river record where he caught the fish. Using this method my biggest fish (11lb 2oz) is only 58% of the Trent record, whereas the one I consider to be my best (10lb 8oz), currently stands at 90% of that from the Nidd .

sounds a bit complicated to me! However I do appreciate your point about the fish being relative to the river record is probably more an indication of the actual achievement

I'll play. There's a few voted already.

15lb 13oz Tidal Trent February 2013. Fish of a lifetime - downside, I've not had anything like the same enthusiasm to fish the Trent for barbel since!

I know what you mean. When I held mine I did not want to let go as I thought I would never see her or a bigger one again. It is the only fish I wonder where it is now.

Last edited:
One day buddy one day....

Mine 14lb 3oz

My personal best was bumping into Cindy Crawford in a small gym at a resort in Mexico 8 years ago. She was on a shoot and I was there for my 40th. We chatted about exercise regimes and the weather. We were the only two in there. Disappointingly, she has not returned any of my calls or said thank you for the flowers I send her every week.

14lb 6oz august 2012,also caught same fish this august at 14lb 2oz,and digging through old photos the other day discovered I also caught it spawned out at 13lb 8oz in june 2008.Dont want to catch it again even if it is a river record.

July 21st 11lb 2oz river Nene. Me and Mark had PB's on the same day from the same river but about 10 miles apart.

It would be more interesting to see what an angler's PB is, as a percentage of the river record where he caught the fish. Using this method my biggest fish (11lb 2oz) is only 58% of the Trent record, whereas the one I consider to be my best (10lb 8oz), currently stands at 90% of that from the Nidd .

That makes sense

Back