• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Two Tone dead

Lost a perfectly nice plot a good few years back, a great many carp anglers, becoming in the process not just idiots but also dangerously vociferous ones, quite expecting the world, waters and wildlife to revolve around them. Yes, idiots.

Paul - you voiced your opinion amongst others re Heather quite clearly. Why do you feel you have to reiterate this is a waste of time. Your point has been well absorbed. Peoples opinion & interest on such matters is their own. Daft or not, there opinion is equally valid as the next.

Cheer up mate - the world is round and is not at all black & white.

PS I am not going to expand on this further before the next individual that wants to rant its just a fish...

I am the most cheerful, positive minded, friendly and approachable of people, Jon - quite the life and soul in good company in fact, but that doesn't stop me from really "going for" and at people who can be, as I wrote earlier, dangerously vociferous in their demands, demands that in many cases are purely commercially motivated and have virtually nowt to do with Angling.

Getting a bit boring and tedious this thread, im off down my local lake gonna have a couple of beers and relax by the waterside, and hopefully get a bend in the rod, but contrary to popular believe, like most, its just being there what does it for me.

I am sure you are a most affable chap Paul & I would sincerely like a one on one with you amongst a few others here on bfw.

I concur with you on most points you write & despair of what a good portion of all anglers are/have become. This only gets reiterated with age. Even so, not all carp anglers cannot be just tarred with a simple brush.

A given population will always be endemic of those we can stereotype as being this and that.

For me it is not 'Heather's nor Two Tones' nor any other creatures fault of that angling, etc. has become something that one might not approve of. Their demise should not be a catalyst to slate a certain type of angler. However, for some, this is a given.

Cheers, Jon

Just seen the ITV news report, a funeral/tribute ceremony on Saturday, bloody sad doesn't come close to the mark, absolutely pathetic falls a little closer.
Seems many in our sport need to develop a personality and life.

Whilst carp fishing over the end of last week I heard a rather ironic statement:
"ALL (strong emphasis on the word all) anglers are selfish", if truth be accepted, never a more accurate remark could be made (before you berate me, think about it;)).

And Paul B. I never had a single alcoholic beverage or took any illicit substances, lots of coffee and a fair few fags, does that count as being intoxicated??:p:D

I still carp fish at times, sometimes for multiple nights, but my idiom is akin to that text next to the photo of a 1950s carp angler on redmire half asleep (in RW's Still Water Angling) - to fish, to dream, perchance to sleep.....lost in the wildlife and encamped in nature, thinking of options and awaiting the moment of action....

I thought that this thread had been far too harmonious for far too long. It was never going to last. After the Heather thread I thought it had all be said before though.;):D

Overnight it all became too much, so I put the family into mourning.

victintype.jpg

Hi men ,

Its made the news / papers because its the biggest fish that has swam in our waters ( home grown) , the record fish , and a bloody big one at that . I have noticed a lack of history with barbel angling , and anglers . That may be a good point , I dont know , but i personaly like the almost cricket style of knowlage that carp angling has .

Hatter

Anyone read the story in paper about the bloke who caught a massive grayling, deep hooked it and unfortunately it died. So he took it home weighed it, ate it with the wife then found out the weight was a UK record !!!

Just wondering how long it will take the Angling Trust to acknowledge. I'm no big carp fan but it seems to shy away from anything 'specimen fish' related, although it (AT) can post silly juvenile YouTube type video's on the front page of its web site.

Last edited:
a lot of you guys aint gonna like this next bit,

judging by the way some of you sneer at an outstanding fish no matter what species makes me cringe at the future of fishing if that is the attitude of the
rest of englands anglers, as for guys that fish for them.............well we dont all fall into your idea of the anglers that pursue certain species,
way i see it the best carp men seek as much space and solitude as their targets allow, they aint on a fashion show or an ego boosting retinue
theyre trying to catch very wily and pressured fish, that is unless some of you know better ways to do it including entourages ect as some suggest, if so please please tell us the secret, and that goes for most other species too,

Back