• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Two Tone dead

Dead?

No.

Passed away.

Swimming with the Celestial Fishes.

R.I.P.

Gutted.

Who's to blame?

An Otter Conspiracy?

The Chairman's keeper, Kevin, leading one of his bow-hunting groups?

Who's to know.

RIP. A tribute...

There we go.

I suggest a State Funeral and burial in Westminster Abbey. After all, if Margaret Thatcher is going to get one...

Hi men ,

Bloody shame , read a few articals/books on it , and the people who caught it . Another " history " fish gone .

Hatter

Just like Heather, it is a shame another big fish has met its demise. A few classic 'named' carp have past away this season by the looks of things. Good question Ian & wonder how long that will take to come into the fore.

Cheers, Jon

Until we get well past "passed away" being used for a mere, albeit very large, fish, we will continue to be in some weird, Death of Lady Di mindset -

3816273086_3a3ff7ebdb.jpg

- people in mourning for and feeling morbidly sorry for themselves (the fish merely being the trigger for and the focus of such normally suppressed self-pity). Unhealthy for both us and for our pastime, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Hi men ,

The reason people talk like that Paul is because they are a "history " fish. Fished for hard , they are quiet adept at avoiding capture . Their movements , feeding habits etc are closely studied by those who angle for them , and so they take on a character , and a name etc.

Hatter

anybody going to the funeral, no kidding, saturday on the lake bank,
mad.
what out friends from eastern Europe must think.

Moss Bros didn't have a Matt Black Camo Morning Suit and topper for me to hire, but I'm sending flowers and, of course, my profound contempt to and for the self-deceiving idiots present.

Why dont you go down Paul and tell your fellow anglers they are all "idiots" after all its not a big deal or anything, and the death of the biggest carp in the UK didnt make a full page spread in the national papers.

Back