• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

tench fishing

go after them pike if i were you, maybe in October to be ethical, they sound like they are worth catching.

The Pike, undisturbed for many years have eaten all 5 of the ducklings and all the coot chicks. Thats 7 in a week. Saw the last 2 go. Nasty

Graham

Nature can be cruel, I saw two day old chicks taken by a cormorant on Thursday.
Every duck on the lake was going mental and mobbing the evil monster but it never took a blind bit of notice and just reached into the flags where the nest is, dragged it out and took it down in one gulp, two minutes later it was back for another one.
It then parked it's self back on the floating island 'duck' refuge with it's two ugly companions and sat there with a smug look on it's face.

David.

Have had a few casts with a plug and caught a few up to 16lb whilst tenching, Pal had them to 20+ this last week whilst we had a go. Never bothered before. I reckon a good 30lber in there.

Ade. yes, it's certainly cruel. Not a single duckling survived last year, I reckon over 30 were eaten.

Graham

Ade, were you fishing on Sir Peter Viggers private lake, compleat 'floating duck house'...

Graham, good job I ain't easily offended:eek:.
:D:D

Nature certainly can be pretty nasty at times. I watched a Swan have a good go at drowning some Canada Goose goslings last week. Apparently he gets pretty much all of them every year.

A couple of yesrs ago I saw a swan corner a gosling in an inlet then proceed to batter it to death,nasty bits of work swans.
Phil.W

Saw a swan stamp on nest full of Goslings...adults couldn't do anything.

a guy i know, not a angler, but likes to walk his dog down the river, told me one day, that he'd just saved a swan from being drowned from another swan.
nice,er!

Chris , your perfectly correct it is the same fish. I have had a few double captures on the same day before, certainly from certain swims. Hungry so and so's. As for weight gain, perhaps I should have those Argos Scales of mine recalibrated ;) lol

Last edited:
All the fish shown were unhooked and handled using an unhooking mat as ALWAYS. It was just out of view of the camera lens. I had two t shirts and 2 jumpers on that day , the mornings were still a bit nippy.
Angling politics has got in the way again. This will be my last post , shame but there you go. Shakes head in disbelief :(

Surely we should share in the joys of each other captures. I will continue to do so , but in future on my own . I don't need to prove myself , or my own angling ability, to anyone !!!

Last edited:
My gibe at the lack of unhooking mats were said purely in jovial manner, because TBH I couldn't really give a toss whether people use them or not.
Common sense is more important than anything else, plain and simple...

Incase a few around here ain't noticed I am very dry and extremely sarcastic, no apology and no intension of changing:eek:.

:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D

Oh and its f'ing rare that I'll admit to being wrong as well;).

Ok Col you have cheered me up, so I will continue to post.

Just wanted to post a few pics to show that a few Tinca,s were actually coming out.

Roll on June 16th ;)

Tight Lines !!!

Stuart,

Chill man, If you saw the amount of stick I get on here just for being evr so slightly plump, you deserve a bit for wearing three outfits in one day, most anglers only get changed once a month!!

I would have put a couple of smileys on my previous post but I nearly always use quick reply.

Get used to the sarcasm, hell I have, and it will only get worse............we are just a big loving family on here...........

This is also a chance, it could have been hungry?.... My mate had a 7.15 last week and someone else caught it at 8.01 a few hours later. What they weigh is what they weigh, as long as we try our best to weigh them properly!

No Problemo Guys , I have Big Shoulders. You have to , fishing The Upper Severn :D :D :D

Last edited:
4 hours this morning.

A VERY large(at least 10lb) tench rolled about 6 feet away from my float. The only fish seen all morning.

No bites.

A little bit of warmer weather Graham and I reckon you'll be in?

Stuart, some of us are on "rock-hard" 100+ acre pits and have had one take in 4-5 weeks! (Which we lost at 2.30am, half-asleep, doh :eek:) just look on it as a bit of friendly envy that someone, somewhere is catching.

I've landed 2 tench in 7 spring seasons from this place (and lost 4), but it does hold a 14+lb-er.....................Easy, it ain't.

Back