• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Stalker Roving Seat (bum buddy)

I'll have one if you make them. And if you need a field tester look no further...;)

imho , the nash version , the 'bum buddy' was almost perfect , all it needed was a good padded base

i would be very interested if it was in the nash style with padding for the botty :D

Shippo, thats just wrong :eek::eek::eek::D:D:D:D

Thanks for the input guys. I`ll start on the seats today. It`ll take a good few months to get design and materials spot on so I wouldn`t hold your breath to get one this season. I`m a bit of a perfectionist so would rather take a while, fully test and get it right rather than rusing out anything substandard just to fill a gap.

If you Google "folding camping chairs" there are a lot of sites like Outdoor Megastore that have what they call beach chairs. These look exactly like the old bum buddy except the price is a lot less.

If you Google "folding camping chairs" there are a lot of sites like Outdoor Megastore that have what they call beach chairs. These look exactly like the old bum buddy except the price is a lot less.
This one looks great.
203295.jpg
specially built for the larger angler Or perhaps the ultimate in bum buddies?.http://www.outdoorworld.co.uk/colem...5.html?zenid=1e1e968c87190f2f7a79921c5d095c53

I purchased 5 of these seats from poundland 5 years ago, real bargain, they had Navy Blue and Green. Great little seat, never seen them since.

Last edited:
I have just recieved the JRC bank mate as mentioned paid £15, if it was £25 I would not be too happy, its well made enough but at full price you can pick up a small chair for that money or even cheaper like my brother use my rucksack, unhooking mats to sit on and destroy them.

Once foolish enough to buy something like this. As his HRH Prince of Wales would say "Absolutely ghastly thing", no redeeming features whatsoever.

What do you want a bank side thrown!

I have one of these and think it’s great for roving from swim to swim.

I use mine all summer and it works really well for me, I do tend to take the chair or a bucket if it’s wet. For a light weight alternative to a chair it’s spot on.

Admittedly it doesn’t have a big enough pocket but works well when traveling light.

Tom

For comfort,, inflatable seat area ?
Maybe complete inflatable (thorn proof) h/duty waterproof fabric ?
Peg down back, good idea.

Quick bump. The seats are out with the fieldtesters for destruction trials. :D:D:D:D:D:D

We`ve settled on the name the Bankmaster for the seats. Don`t worry about the colour, they`ll be olive when we get them in. Also, a shoulder carry strap will be fitted. Initial impressions are that they`re damn comfy thanks to extra padding and a slightly larger size!

One step closer guys:D

f8f1d11f.jpg

490ff4e8.jpg

5be9d689.jpg

Hi Martyn, I would love a Bankmaster when they are for sale, it looks really good and just what i am looking for,

Regards Ray Thorpe

Back