• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Stalker Roving Seat (bum buddy)

Neil Rogers

Hi All
Been looking to get a more mobile seat for stalking and roving.
Can any of you out there who have one recommend a good one and a on line site where i can buy one from.:)
Any help would be Great.

I use my Nash one all the time in the summer but tbh you would be as well off using a gardening kneeler from a pound shop to sit on and use your rucksack as a backrest.

Discontinued?

Just wondering, if theres a big enough market for these I can look at getting some put into production. Maybe if everyone whos looking for a Bum Buddy style seat points out the features they`d like to see then we can come up with a seat which is perfect for you guys!

I can`t see much point in having a pocket on the seat, after all, we all carry bags.......

So, over to you guys:D

The object of the pocket is so that you don't need to carry a bag too. It's all about keeping things mega-light, so you don't mind moving around too much I guess.

Haydn

P.S Take a look at the Shimano one if you can because it was the best of the bunch, by quite a margin.

The thing I find about having a pocket on them is that the stuff inside can overbalance the seat. I also travel light but always need a bag for scales, camera, drink, tackle, bait, smock etc. I couldn`t imagine trying to shove that lot into a small pocket!

Rich, cheers!

Jez, will do!

Keep it simple .Water proof would help ones on the market to thin like sitting on a beer mate you know the one I mean Martyn. Large strap like you said no need for pockets as you never fit your stuff in a small pocket . Not really hard to get right but all the makes ive tried have not been the best oh can you do one in pink for me ? and I even model them for nothing

Foam density and thickness is the key thing with the base being 100% waterproof......otherwise it will turn into a wet sponge!!!!

I have the nash one (picked up in closing down sale a bit back)
the extra velcro straps are a waste of time
I dont use the pockets for anything but extra padding, - bit thin otherwise
But it is waterproof, and I like the back support.

I have a contact for foam if you need any Mart..........

Yes mate, I`d appreciate that. We`ll need to do a load of testing to get the right combination of materials so a local contact would be invaluable. Can you pm it over please?

Ok, so I work with a few upholsterers so I guess you could say I'm in the game. The foam you need for this sort of thing is high density chip foam. The padding can be made more comfortable by laminating a softer "blue" foam over the top, thus giving you the density(which also helps keep the padding in shape) and the comfort. On the Shimano one there are two pegging point, one on either side at the front, with which you can peg the seat to the floor, this means you can lean back into it a little more and also stops the seat getting blown into the drink when you are not seated in it. I strongly suggest adding the pockets as they are useful, and you can certainly get enough terminal tackle, camera and scales etc in the pockets for a short session.

Personally I'm amazed that all the big boys have discontinued their stalkers, if only one(a decent one at that) had continued I'm sure they'd have sold well.

Haydn

P.S I may also be able to help with the foam suppliers depending on where you are. P.M me if you need it.

Haydn....surely the peg points need to be at the back to prevent the seat from sliding on sloping banks???

Back