• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Polish fisherman

Agreed there are significant problems in certain areas, but the law states, on any given day you may only remove:

* one pike of up to 65 cm;
* two grayling of 30–38 cm;
* up to a total of 15 small fish of up to 20 cm of the following native species: barbel; chub; common bream; common carp; crucian carp; dace; perch; pike; roach; rudd; silver bream; smelt; and tench.

Fish are measured from the tip of the snout to the fork of the tail.

The people taking coarse fish from the UK’s rivers are not all Polish as the title of thread wrongly indicates.

This is the law and it allows people with the correct permits and permissions to take fish for the pot . Now I accept that many of these people who kill for the pot may not give a fig for licences and rules , but if you have laws that say you can kill and take fish away then it doesn't exactly give out a clear message does it ?

An American, a Frenchman, an Englishman, and a Pole, are standing at the top of the Eiffel Tower.......

The American picks up a large bag of money, and throws it off the tower.

'Why on earth did you do that asked the other 3'

'Because in the States we have so much money i can afford too he said'

So the Frenchman said....we have so much Champagne in France i won't miss it , and picked up a crate of Champagne and threw it over.

The Englishman turned and looked at the Pole......

The Pole said ... 'DON'T YOU BLOODY DARE'

If it wasn't for their dads flying our Spitfires you may be speaking German Wayne.

They can have a few fish for me, far more important things to worry about.

"Speaking German?" And we'd be a damned sight better off. My dad fought in the war but not for the dump of a country as we now know it. This country lost the war.

Very true well said
of course this would have meant rather a lot of British people would have gone to the gas chambers, you wouldn't be able to post stuff freely on boards like this ,hunting and fishing would have been banned...but the trains would have run on time.

You guys should try living in Germany if you think this country is a dump and we have immigrant problems, not a patch on the mainland!!!

Having spent sometime living & working in Germany I'm not sure I'd want to live there.. No sense of humour & very hairy frau's :eek:
They do have immigrants, I was one for a while :D

after spending 17 years living & working in Germany and having many German friends the worst thing that ever happened to that country was the wall coming down I'm afraid to say, as everything started breaking down after that happened, I had serious thoughts of staying out there with my family but after speaking to some ex pats decided against it, The fishing was excellent but you had to kill everything you caught which wasn't good and we hardly ever did kill anything, so most of the matches were held in Holland instead but would gladly go back and fish for the Barbel on the River Wesser, superb if you knew where to go.:D:D

after spending 17 years living & working in Germany and having many German friends the worst thing that ever happened to that country was the wall coming down I'm afraid to say, as everything started breaking down after that happened, I had serious thoughts of staying out there with my family but after speaking to some ex pats decided against it, The fishing was excellent but you had to kill everything you caught which wasn't good and we hardly ever did kill anything, so most of the matches were held in Holland instead but would gladly go back and fish for the Barbel on the River Wesser, superb if you knew where to go.:D:D

Don't fully agree with you George, having worked for a German company the last 15 years and spending an awful lot of time on various German cities and talking with German colleagues (most of those assigned to the UK not wanting to return as the life here is so much better), there are many, many problems: The very high number of Turkish immigrants after the war which have since been followed by millions from every balkan state, all the old communist countries, the former Russian states especially.......The Russian/Chechen Mafias and more recently Iraqi, Iranian and Afghan refugees. When the wall came down the flood of poor unemployed ill-educated people from the former east almost destroyed the social welfare systems....................Now they have totally open borders on almost every side of the country and pretty much no immigration control, oh yes and most river fish are taken for the pan, they think we are as weird as their Carp Anglers for not doing!!!

We have got it VERY easy by comparison, the fact that we live on an island has an always will be a big advantage.

As someone else said, why don't all you moaners bugger off and find somewhere better to live, at least we will have a happy island then :p

Ian, Not much to agree or disagree on :D:D I can only tell you about my experiences,we all know that Europe is in such a mess now but what I was saying most of it Started from the breakup of the old Warsaw Pact nations and the wall coming down, what has happened in the intervening years was all down to the east/west border being opened up.

I'm quite happy on my island that I helped defend for 24 years of my life :p:p

Ian, Not much to agree or disagree on :D:D I can only tell you about my experiences,we all know that Europe is in such a mess now but what I was saying most of it Started from the breakup of the old Warsaw Pact nations and the wall coming down, what has happened in the intervening years was all down to the east/west border being opened up.

I'm quite happy on my island that I helped defend for 24 years of my life :p:p

Good man, George. We can only keep hating for so long; for it eats up ourselves and what we and our Country are about, otherwise.............

Fishing ... barbel ... turned to State of the Nation and barely concealed prejudice and Hate...

So, you think this country is a dump?

You always have the option to leave and find somewhere better.

Two points, the EA will choose soft targets, bit like everything in this country, so collar a few meek hapless souls on a commercial fishery rather than a more difficult situation on a river. As for the suggestion of leaving the country, consider the red and grey squirrel situation or the crayfish problem. There are choices, stand up for yourself or accept what is doled out to you and stick your head even deeper into the sand.

George, I was stationed in Germany from 77-99 with intermitent postings elsewhere and used to enjoy some fantastic angling, especially on the river Weser where If you new the best areas could produce 40-50 Barbel in a session! As to wether it is a bad country! Not compared to this so called wonderfull country that we currently live in. Although they are suffering with the same problems as us , at least the cops are allowed to carry guns (and by christ do the crims know it) so manage to maintain at least some control. Unlike our own toothless police force!!!!!
I will however add that I speak the language and would move there tomorrow without hesitation.

Back