• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Perch

Paul fished for couple of hours lot of colour in river banks nightmare. So went on canal had a couple of perch out fishing drop shot starting to get the hang of it now

Last edited:
Nice one Deano....we'll have to get together bankside sometime....

As I've been concentrating a bit much on worming lately and not wanting to turn into a "one trick pony" I had a full day out with nothing but DS/soft rubber jigs yesterday....

....The Severn was again the target venue but due to an influx of colour was not the best

Ended up fishing a back water that promised a few Perch and ended up with 25 in total - all on soft rubber jigs bounced along the deck....this was the best one of the day and made the whole day worthwhile:

perca_zps90e89044.jpg

Please excuse the attempt at hiding what would have been a real giveaway background....got to keep these things tight to your chest you understand?

As an aside, I also had a 6oz Roach on the jig....hooked fairly and squarely in the chops!!!

Paul

Well Done on some nice fish Guys.

Had a good day today, few roach and bream/rudd and then the carp came along. Managed 8 to about 12lb and after an hour of quiet these two beauties came along.

(sorry bout the pics, self take holding camera in other hand)

perch3_zps838fc85e.jpg

Best 3.6 other 3.2 but not sure which....

Added (Silly old Sod put two the same pics!)

Graham

Last edited:
Anthony. Yes you are right.. Glad someone is payinmg attention.....Put it down to old age...

Here is the other one....................

perchy_zps6b312716.jpg

with non smiley face........

It s amazing how fat the fish are, like footballs.

perchy1_zps64e034a9.jpg

Then again lots of small fish grub for them.

Last edited:
Anthony. Just 2 this time...

I think it might have been the same fish initially but not sure, simply put the two smiliest pics up...its hard to hold a fish and snap it whilst using a phone camera even with reverse screen action....:rolleyes:

I would ask the acknowledged authority on all fish ID techniques, although maybe the Nene debate changed that. ;)

If you are talking about another Fish ID blog thingy. Thats gone now (pm me :D)

Trees are from Berkshire Fisheries. Windsor.:p

After what has been a disappointing pike season im turning my attentions to Perch and specifically on the lure.I use Berkley Whiplash for piking in either 30 or 45 pound but was hoping for some advice on braids for perch bearing in mind im gonna be using lures and spinners down to a couple of grams,any input appreciated.
THANKS
Andy.

Good point Steve,the lowest i would go would be 15 because the waters i fish contain a lot of jacks and bigger pike,although they been scarce this winter.Thanks.

Had an enjoyable day out fishing the same lake as I have previously and caught some lovely fish topped off by the 2lb 10oz fish below which was caught on float fished lobworm.
Amongst the others was a 2lb 6oz fish which was caught on a float paternostered, tail hooked LB ( thanks once again for the advice) which I was well pleased with, after having struggled in the past to connect with takes on LB's.
Not sure when I will get out again but was wondering when from a Perch spawning point of view if there was a particular time when it wouldn't be right to fish for them.

DSC04845_zps4e27a032.jpg

Back