• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Perch

Anyone fish at Blenhiem lately? I'l be having my anual trip there in the next couple of weeks.

Mark I live just down the road from it but never fished it....local newspaper reports and national press have recently been reporting good catches though.

Good Luck
Jason

A couple of my mates fished it the week before last and did quite well. As long at the waters not too colored you should be fine.

Tom

Cheers Andy, I'l be fishing both worm and maggots but my better fish have always come to prawn, maybe worth a try if you go again

Caught a new pb this afternoon at 2-12 and just 4 ounces off my target for a river three before the season is out. I really should get out and do some barbel fishing now that the temps are back up, but i must admit to having been side tracked by these stunning fish over the last couple of months.
001.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Thanks Duncan, these fish feed well on the thames crayfish and the roach which shelter in the boat yard in winter. Cant wait to get back there.

Thanks Graham. :)

Forgot to mention that i caught the fish on a rod i used on the thames at buscot over 25 years ago to catch my first ever barbel (Daiwa Lightning Quivertip) and a very old 330 Mitchell Otomatic with the automatic bail arm. Something quite nostalgic catching fish on old gear.

atb

Last edited:
Thanks Mark,

Had another couple of two's this afternoon on a local pond, including this 2-6 which even stuck it's dorsal up when it saw the camera :D

006.jpg

Last edited:
Nice fish again Paul. I have been doing some roach and perching with a 2.11 the best so far on a local pond.

My old reels were made of bakerlite!!! the 300's are modern.

Graham

Graham,

They are cracking fish when they get over 2lbs and closer to three. I witnessed a 3-5 the other day, it was like a football. :D

Bakelite, blimey i remember the old bakelite telephones, but not reels.

My 330 Otomatic dates to late 1950's early 1960's. It was given to me by a lovely old lady whose house i sold in 1988. Her husband had died and she didnt know what to do with all his tackle. She told me to help myself to what i wanted, so i had the Otomatic plus two other 300's. :D

Paul
I managed a 3.4 of the G Ouse a couple of seasons ago.

I got a first hand account of those recent mega Thames perch captures, 5lb+ and a few 4lbers. Amazing pictures.

I remember the bakerlite centrepin reel because I was using it, aged 15, in Malahide, near Dublin in an estuary.

The Bass came in about 20 yards to the bridge I was fishing from. The gulls smashing into the sea all around.

The other 3 anglers with Centerpins cast out german sprats and landed about 10 to 10lb each before they moved away.

My centrepin only cast about 10 yards!!!!!!

Graham

Nice fish graham and lovely story about the pins (have you got a pic of the three?). I'm still hoping for a river three before the season is out.

Andy, would you believe all lobworms with sprayed reds, ;) nothing technical :), one on the tip and the others under my feet on the smallest puddle chucker float, fished two inches overdepth. Great fun. All on .13 reflo powerline straight through on the float, hooklength of the same on the tip. Hooks were JRC MBT 4 in size 8.

Last edited:
Back