• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Pair - fox kevlar barbel multi tip rods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jim take no notice of Foxy just stay in that darkened room and keep taking the tablets...

Jim, mine are kevlex ARD0001 rods not the kevlar but you still have first refusal if I find a hexagraph no.1

Put if down to a case of poor communication by the seller and don't get too stressed, it's just a rod and another will come along if it's meant to be

Yes Jim in some things you are correct i acted badly looking back i feel sick to the stomach, do you think that they would accept me again? some nasty things were said in the hate mail i recieved even threats to me if i was caught on certain stretches of river...Jim i could'nt take countless sessions of counselling i am a coward deep down and leaving the site seems my best option, i could'nt stand to face the wrath of my one time BFW friends, anyway i cant see it being very long before the mods take swift action against me...:eek:

I haven't felt able to get back to BFW until now. I had a terrible night's sleep drifting in and out of consciousness. On one occasion I thought that the whole experience had been a bad dream, but it wasn't and the stomach cramps started. I could only manage a small of bowl of cereal for breakfast. Unfortunately, the Kevlars had returned to haunt me, the thought of holding them, admiring the grey blank, the rod bag with "Designed in England", the triangular case. Needless to say, I couldn't face going fishing without them. I believe that John Cook is a good man and has shown contrition, but not enough. John has a duty to source a pair of Kevlars for a £100.

Graham Elliot has behaved despicably. As a senior member he should be using his authority to stamp out gazumping rather than embracing it. Graham, with his contacts should be scouring BFW for a pair of the coveted Kevlars and supporting John in his quest to source a pair of the rods.

I do hope for some positive news by close of play Sunday evening. Justin has done his bit by agreeing to post photos so that both John and Graham know what to look for.

Best thread of the new year so far! This has kept me amused for hours :D

Jim's posts are quite simply outstanding! Thank you Jim :)

This is starting to get silly. if you think anyone will sell one let alone a pair of kevlars for £100 without ingesting mind altering drugs or being blackmailed. Be the bigger man and stop prolonging your pain, you'll get over it. No one died!

This is starting to get silly. if you think anyone will sell one let alone a pair of kevlars for £100 without ingesting mind altering drugs or being blackmailed. Be the bigger man and stop prolonging your pain, you'll get over it. No one died!

Are you serious?:confused:

It's all very well telling someone to get over a problem - it's not always that easy. Everytime that I visit a river, I know that the Kevlars will be foremost in my mind. Just to remind you Andrew, those rods were "won" fair and square and John accepted my offer in his role as "Go between". Your post has compounded the agony. Fortunately, the Paramedic who visited me this morning was able to supply me with some tranquilisers and I am now under sedation and a little calmer. I very much appreciate your kind offer of the Kevlex rods, but as any barbel rod aficionado would know, they are not the same and to all intents and purposes, are rubbish. Little wonder that you want to get rid of them. That's not to say that I don't wish you well in your search for the B&W hexagraph No1. If I feel a little better this afternoon, then I may visit a car boot sale and if I see the hexagraph that you are looking for will buy it on your behalf. I presume that you will have a price in mind and I would guess this to be in the region of £35 - £40. Perhaps you might confirm this.

Jim,
Sorry to hear that you had such a restless night last night this terrible experience has really taken its toll on you and it must be a very unhappy time within your household at the moment, i contacted a few pals in search of the kevlars but all to no avail, you mention that Graham should come up with a pair i thought that maybe he could get his pal Ian T to make you up a pair of torrix's to your specifications? But if you put to much pressure on Foxy you may drive him back on the fags or worse, i told that nasty Justin not to post up the pics jim so as to ease your pain, thats me Jim thinking of you as usual...

Thinking of you
John

Jim,

I hope that your suffering is not taking its toll in the marital bed??????

Jim,
Sorry to hear that you had such a restless night last night this terrible experience has really taken its toll on you and it must be a very unhappy time within your household at the moment, i contacted a few pals in search of the kevlars but all to no avail, you mention that Graham should come up with a pair i thought that maybe he could get his pal Ian T to make you up a pair of torrix's to your specifications? But if you put to much pressure on Foxy you may drive him back on the fags or worse, i told that nasty Justin not to post up the pics jim so as to ease your pain, thats me Jim thinking of you as usual...

Thinking of you
John

I am grateful to you John, in that you have made some attempt to resolve this issue. If you know who possesses the Kevlars then you are duty bound to put pressure on them to release these rods to me. Thank you for enquiring after my marital situation. If you are married then you should know that a depressed state of mind will have no effect whatsoever on a physical relationship which does not exist in the first place. These matters of the flesh are for people such as Burlesconi, and certainly not married people. This whole unpleasant experience relating to the Kevlars has focussed attention on the important aspects of BFW. With this in mind....

I'm thinking of applying for the post of Moderator on three counts. Firstly, I would like to delete irrelevant posts, for example, members discussing glugs, people looking for spare sections of rods and tedious threads, such as those relating to malfunctioning landing net handles. Secondly, a move towards more inclusive posts such as this thread. As a Moderator I would be in a position to vet all Classified tackle sales and allow only those items which I consider suitable for the site. The hurt, disappointment and suffering surrounding the Kevlars must never be allowed to happen again.

I am grateful to you John, in that you have made some attempt to resolve this issue. If you know who possesses the Kevlars then you are duty bound to put pressure on them to release these rods to me. Thank you for enquiring after my marital situation. If you are married then you should know that a depressed state of mind will have no effect whatsoever on a physical relationship which does not exist in the first place. These matters of the flesh are for people such as Burlesconi, and certainly not married people. This whole unpleasant experience relating to the Kevlars has focussed attention on the important aspects of BFW. With this in mind....

I'm thinking of applying for the post of Moderator on three counts. Firstly, I would like to delete irrelevant posts, for example, members discussing glugs, people looking for spare sections of rods and tedious threads, such as those relating to malfunctioning landing net handles. Secondly, a move towards more inclusive posts such as this thread. As a Moderator I would be in a position to vet all Classified tackle sales and allow only those items which I consider suitable for the site. The hurt, disappointment and suffering surrounding the Kevlars must never be allowed to happen again.

Graham, I appreciate your efforts, but it is not the Kevlar Barbel, which I had set my heart on.

Last edited:
Jim,

I hope that your suffering is not taking its toll in the marital bed??????

Hi John,

You errr...you seem to know Jim pretty well, what with discussing his marital problems and all. Thing is...well...what IS this 'toll' thing he takes to the marital bed when he is suffering? I mean...is it...well, I mean what do you...well like...........well does it take batteries, or what?

Not that I need any, like...sort of...help myself....no no! It's just that I have this friend, and well...well you knoooow...

Cheers, Dave.

David,
Yes Jim and myself have become close as i have felt for him during this time of mental torture for him, as for the marital bed well maybe i should not have mentioned that on an open forum especially as Jim has now come clean and admitted that only SLEEP takes place in his marital bed:mad:

Jim,
I have been onto fox tackle today to see if the could locate a new pair of kevlars for you but with no luck they are hard to find now...I thought that some kind soul might have donated a pair to you seeing your plight, I notice that Justin has gone very quiet bet he feels so guilty, Jim i am knocking on a bit but am pleased to say that MY marital bed still see's action:D

Just to clarify

Neither John or Jim ever made an offer on those rods. They just didnt like the fact I didnt put a fixed price on the add.

Still, by all accounts it has given them something to do this weekend by the amount of posts on here!

The rods, have now been sold and were collected on Saturday.

For those people who are interested, £210 each!!!

Jim you heard Justin mate the rods have gone!!!! try to let it go now mate, Jim Jim breath into this brown paper bag mate thats it easy now, sweet tea for Jim please.......

Jim you heard Justin mate the rods have gone!!!! try to let it go now mate, Jim Jim breath into this brown paper bag mate thats it easy now, sweet tea for Jim please.......

John, the Kevlars have not gone. There are some Christian people on this site and they are keeping them for me. A benefactor will have seen my angst and purchased them on my behalf. I'm waiting for the p.m. to arrive - most benefactors wish to remain anonymous. I strongly suspect that it is you John, who is this benefactor and that you have worked something out with Justin. I may not be able to contact you on BFW for a week or so as my state of health plumbed new depths on Sunday and I was admitted to hospital. I am in no fit state to work and am having to take at least this week off. You are a true friend and Justin has done the right thing. It is reassuring to know that BFW members put items of tackle on this site for altruistic reasons and not the money grubbers who use the auction forum EBay.

Jim,

I contacted Justin and tried to broker a deal with him at a more realistic price but im afraid my offer was not inline with what he wanted, money talks a foul language Jim, so sadly the benefactor is not me, perhaps foxy being a wealthy chap was able to offer that £210 a pod going price???? Glad to see that the hospital have given you internet access, Jim rest up mate and keep one eye on your pm inbox...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back