• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Pair - fox kevlar barbel multi tip rods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you interested Paul?????

Why you double crossing so and so. I've booked a day off work to make sure that I was at home to receive my rods. Not to worry, if I don't receive those rods tomorrow, then I'll be spending some time with my solicitor working out how much breach of contract is worth, lost pay and more importantly hurt feelings and humiliation in front of my fishing buddies. I suspect that I'll then be in a position to buy a shed load of those rods.

Well im sorry Jim but Paul mailed me with a much better offer and you know that money talks plus Justin MADE me take Pauls higher offer, also Paul said i would be banned from BFW if i didnt.......Jim in the end it was taken out of my hands.

Mark my words Jim i WONT be a go between for Justin anymore however much he badgers me....

Last edited:
Jim mate pleeeeeeeeeeze dont go ahead with the legal action it was all blo..y Justins fault:rolleyes: Now he says he is going to post up some pics of the rods and i know that will anger you even more knowing that you thought they were yours.......Jim old friend cant we just forget this terrible mix up????

just read this thread through, what a farce. you tell Jim there his then you sell them to someone else. this has happened to me a few times on other forums but i thought the guys here had a bit more integrity. i have a pair of these rods and if i find my ray walton hexagraph no.1 and i decide to sell one i'll give you first offer Jim.

Last edited:
Jim mate pleeeeeeeeeeze dont go ahead with the legal action it was all blo..y Justins fault:rolleyes: Now he says he is going to post up some pics of the rods and i know that will anger you even more knowing that you thought they were yours.......Jim old friend cant we just forget this terrible mix up????

This whole saga has made such a fool of me. How am I going to face my buddies on Saturday? Anyone viewing this thread will know that I've been gazumped. How will BFW members view my future posts? They'll be tittering away thinking, you know that Jim, he was gazumped. I'll tell you what, I'm close to either seeking legal redress or leaving BFW for ever and I just don't know what I'll do. I just can't cope anymore. When I spoke to my legal team, I was so upset, I was virtually incoherent. I can't contemplate fishing on Saturday without those rods and I'll be letting my friends down which all adds to my misery.

just read this thread through, what a farce. you tell Jim there his then you sell them to someone else. this has happened to me a few times on other forums but i thought the guys here had a bit more integrity. i have a pair of these rods and if i find my ray walton hexagraph no.1 and i decide to sell one i'll give you first offer Jim.

Thanks Andrew, for your kind and supportive post, you're a genteman.

Jim try not to take it so badly matey, im sure that your pals will understand that it was not your fault you acted in good faith mate it was that Justin. Please dont leave BFW over this one incident mate, there will be other rods..

Andrew dont try to crawl round Jim Mate:eek:

i cant believe i havent heard anything from Justin ref my offer of 20 quid, he may still go with you Jim as i am getting a firm ignoring. Another reason why this OFFER business is very ungentlemenly........

Jon its turned into a right old mess........I think that Paul has the highest offer..

Jim try not to take it so badly matey, im sure that your pals will understand that it was not your fault you acted in good faith mate it was that Justin. Please dont leave BFW over this one incident mate, there will be other rods..

It's very easy to tell me to not take it badly, you're not in my unfortunate position. It seems that the only person to come out of this shambles with any credit is Justin and he has kindly agreed to post photos of the rods that I should have received. I just don't know anymore who has the rods whether it is John, Paul or even Andrew, who claims to have two of these very fine rods. I have just returned from a visit to see my GP and I have been prescribed a pallet load of pills and tablets to help me cope with this mess. My GP told me the only true cure would be for me to have possession of the rods at which point I broke down. My wife had to drive me to the surgery as I was so distraught. She has has found the whole issue, and in particular my vomiting in the waiting room, an embarrassment and has threatened to leave me. There is no doubt that I am in a mess. On a more positive note, I have received p.ms of support. One guy from Australia offered me a Kevlar for £500 including postage which I thought was very nice - I declined the offer as I had set my heart on two rods. A major tackle manufacturer who has been following this thread has offered me one of their top of the range rods, gratis, again, very grateful for the offer, but declined as it has to be the Fox Kevlars or nothing and even a Cabinet Minister has offered to step in and try resolve the issue. I'm just hoping that common sense prevails.

Last edited:

I'm sure there are more people than Andrew who think that this whole issue stinks..That's if it's all kosher ???..Jim Foxhall has been shafted [and he's not my mate, I've never met him] but he gets my vote in this fiasco. There are also one or two others named on here who I hope I never meet as I might just have to tell them that they are lower than a rattlesnakes b******s............

Last edited:
Eeer...lissen up...anyone wanna make me an offer on two Fox kevla barbol rods?.....going cheep, 'cos I faand em layin on the ground by this geezer who seemed to be avin a fit or sumit :cool:

Cheers, Dave.

Eeer...lissen up...anyone wanna make me an offer on two Fox kevla barbol rods?.....going cheep, 'cos I faand em layin on the ground by this geezer who seemed to be avin a fit or sumit :cool:

Cheers, Dave.

I have now purchased a couple of Shakespeare telescopic rods for £150 the pair. The seller who seemed a most helpful guy informed me that they were every bit as good as the Kevlars. As we all know BFW members are straight as the proverbial and so it was an offer that I could not refuse.

I'm disappointed in you David. It goes without saying that all BFW members are as honest as the day is long. In which case it must have been a momentary aberration that you would consider selling two Kevlars found in the circumstances thay you have described. I suspect that, judging from the quality of your English, that your actions and thoughts were muddled and that you intended to either fashion the two rods into a stretcher or take them to a Police Station. Purely out of interest, how much are you looking for the rods as a friend of mine is looking for a pair. I've sent you a p.m. I would need to be reassured that you made the indisposed gentleman some sort of offer before relieving him of the rods.

Jim,
So glad to hear that you fixed yourself up with another pair of rods nice price aswell, Those pills that your doctor prescribed will probably be of help to you in the short term but please please Jim dont get hooked on them its a downward spiral, i myself have had some what i can only call HATE mail from some fellow BFW members for my part in trying to set up a good deal on the rods for you Jim.....Its most upsetting, is it all worth it? Thinking of leaving the site.....

Jim,
So glad to hear that you fixed yourself up with another pair of rods nice price aswell, Those pills that your doctor prescribed will probably be of help to you in the short term but please please Jim dont get hooked on them its a downward spiral, i myself have had some what i can only call HATE mail from some fellow BFW members for my part in trying to set up a good deal on the rods for you Jim.....Its most upsetting, is it all worth it? Thinking of leaving the site.....

Well, John, I guess that you have brought many of these ills on yourself. I would like to think that the BFW members are a kind and forgiving bunch and that you will be forgiven in time. I cannot work out if you were acting on your own interests or Justin's and I don't want to rake over old coals at this stage. It is possible that counselling may help you rather than taking the precipitous action of leaving the site, which would be the easy way out. You have committed some heinous verbal acts but with a large dose of humble pie, you will be forgiven and welcomed back into the fold in time. As for some other BFW members who have been involved in duplicitous actions and have shown no remorse, they will have to live with their conscience. Let us hope that these people are weeded out by the Moderators and banished to the Cemex site in perpetuity.

Yes Jim in some things you are correct i acted badly looking back i feel sick to the stomach, do you think that they would accept me again? some nasty things were said in the hate mail i recieved even threats to me if i was caught on certain stretches of river...Jim i could'nt take countless sessions of counselling i am a coward deep down and leaving the site seems my best option, i could'nt stand to face the wrath of my one time BFW friends, anyway i cant see it being very long before the mods take swift action against me...:eek:

Jim.

Just to let you know that I was on the Kennet today and the words got around.

In fact the laughter echoed along the bank long and hard.

Two words stood out. Jim and Gazumped. I suspect it stated on the Loddon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back