• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

New reading material - 'Catch Cult'

Thanks Dean, really appreciate your views. Having fished alongside Sidley in his hey day I think War and Peace or Lord of the Rings may suit you better :)
We aint going to please all of the people all of the time and everybody would do stuff differently but we are having a go, learning as we go along. I've been involved with a fair few book projects now but this is different in an exciting way! We are under no illusions and know how hard the market is and will review after the first 3 editions to see if it's viable. All we ask is for the support of discerning readers and anglers and constructive criticism is very welcome. The material for CATCH CULT 2 is pretty much decided and in my opinion it's cracking stuff and work has begun. This is all happening in the spare rooms of our houses, we have no office and a very limited budget but as my Mom used to say "Where there's a will there's a way" - very true Mom x

Mr Crabmeat was priceless , excellent spoof , I will be penning him a question soon . Overall I would give the magazine a thumbs up , a refreshing lack of overt product placement , not too many baleful stares in the trophy shots , great eel article and Mr Breakspears observations on barbel were interesting . Well done chaps :D

Cheers Mike and glad you are enjoying CATCH CULT! Yes, I think Crabmeat is going to be a very busy man over the next few months :)
Can't stop, got a KKK meeting at 4pm:eek:

Mine arrived today. Had a quick skim through when I opened it. Looking forward to reading it once Iv had my tea

Thanks for the suggestions but I don't like any of them.
Very predictable and a bit kelly kettle :)
Say what you like about CATCH CULT but you won't forget it 'cus it's different!
Just back from Heartbreak lake blanking like a good 'un, computer on and away we go again.
Cheers men and hope to see some of you at the northern angling show.

Not seen or read it yet, maybe 'cus it's different! from other fishing magazine's i presume, it should be called/titled "Catch All" :)

Stephen

Anybody read there's and happy to pass it on.?
Pm please

Jon

Must have ordered mine just in time then! Received yesterday and looks very professional with a good range of articles. Looking forward to Issue 2 in May?

How big was the print run, I wonder?

Dave

Pretty decent read I thought, well done Martin and co for putting it together. Looking forward to the next issue.

Thankyou men, really hope you enjoy CATCH CULT.
All material in now for CC2 and it's shaping up really well!
We have Graham Hunt on the Trent, an unknown Black Mirror capture, rainbow bass and kayaking madness amongst the line up, the rest of which I can assure you is pure class!

Back