• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

New bivvy????

Wayne Glossop

Hi lads, looking for a new bivvy and just wanted to see what a popular bivvy is for the long sessions must be very suitable for the harshest of winters aswel as the gorgeous summers (when we get them)
I have had a browse on the net I like the Nash s7 but weighs more than a double decker bus, also theres the Trakker tempest which seems great aswel. What do you use for the long sessions?
Thanks

spent a couple of nights in an the new trakker armo tempest with a mate last month. was fantastic. i have a 4 year old Nash double top which I must say, once up, is still probably my favourite shelter iv ever had.. but it is insanely heavy and large in the bag (it is a 2 man though)... and in comparison the tempest seemed alot smaller and a fair bit lighter. good luck on your search though mate. If I didnt still love my DT so much Id prob should be on the look out for a new one round about now. Love bivvy shopping lol

I got a good deal on a Nash S3 when they were discontinued. Does everything I want of it.

I have got a trakker armo mk2 for sale it's only been used a handful of overnighters at horseshoe lake,
It's a fantastic bivvy I just don't do overnighters anymore so don't need it,
The only fault it has is one of the press studs to hold the storm sides up has popped off but this doesn't effect it at all as there are 2 on either side so it still works perfectly,
It cost me over £400 new
Pm me if your interested
Regards dave

BIVVY!!!!thought this was barbel fishing:D

Mic

Come on Mic you really need to move with the times, just because you are an old grizzled dinosaur you don't have to shove your personal code of ethics down everyone else's throat mate, for what its worth i like a bit of comfort on the river nowadays and have just invested in one of these

Avid Carp HQ EURO Bivvy

Tempest is mega expensive :eek: A mate of mine is selling a Trakker mk2 dillo, could put you in touch if you like, wants around £160 ;)

LUSH I can`t believe you`ve joined the ranks of the time bandits, lawdy what will become of us!!!:rolleyes::D:D

Anyway "the only way is ethics!!!!"

Mic

Last edited:
First thing mate is dont listen to these miserable gits who only believe in barbel fishing in its purist form , if you want another opinion then you will not fault the aqua mk3 built to last i was lucky enough to buy a very good 2nd hand 1 with winter skin and its amazing .

Last edited:
First thing mate is dont listen to these miserable gits who only believe in barbel fishing in its purist form , if you want another opinion then you will not fault the aqua mk3 built to last i was lucky enough to be a very good 2nd hand 1 with winter skin and its amazing .

Have you been a second hand one for very long?

:p:p

Cheers, Dave.

Back