• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

New bivvy????

I have an original cyfish and they're very good. Standard kit for WBC though is the JRC Steath, great for overnighters and have done a trip to France in one with temps below 0 at night.

Ok ok slight spelling mistake , i am sorry teacher bend
me over and give me the cane .
The Cane bivvy or basket?

Whilst the purists fret and reside on the piscatorial moral highground :p here's my view, FWIW....

Bivvys.....hmmmm always a tricky one.
I hear so much about the weight issue, but if I guess if you're overnighting, or doing 2/3 days on a big pit of something then you'll have a barrow, (more fretting) to carry the rest of your gear, or if you're lucky, you get to drive to your peg.
As Paul G was saying, the humble Stealth brolly system has served me well over the last 6 years. I've also got a Titan, (http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2hRoxy9smE) which a fantastic bit of kit, amazingly versatile. Yes it's heavy, but it's a quality offering.

Ian

Lawgirl.

If you were to leave the Dark Side, you would have no further need of such erections.

Come and frolic in the light………….it is your destiny!!:eek:

When I used to fish with Stef,he used to call it "The charge of the night brigade",we used to cross the fields ,us going home from deserted daytime banks ,to blackpool illuminations and isotope city in every peg,usually followed by pellet world going in ,made us chuckle when folk said,did you catch 'owt,your going home at the best time !

Fish and chipper was the first call !Usually with a big smile on our faces.

Im sure I read somewhere that Stef said he was scared of fishing in the dark maybe tongue in cheek:rolleyes: I've heard some strange noises and seen funny things at night but seeing Stef loom out of the darkness would probably beat everything hands down lol

Brian

Nash double top gets my vote.
Its huge even when in the bag,weighs a ton,but is still the best I've used.
Phil.W

Im sure I read somewhere that Stef said he was scared of fishing in the dark maybe tongue in cheek:rolleyes: I've heard some strange noises and seen funny things at night but seeing Stef loom out of the darkness would probably beat everything hands down lol

Brian

I have done nights with Stef on Tring ,no probs,but his old mate the Wessex Giant is not keen after a very spooky experience on the Kennet I was told.

Stef would empty a fishery at night,no question.:)

Thanks for the reply i think it's going to be a case of actually going and viewing some to decide!

I have narrowed mine down to 3 choices , chub cyfish mk2 + , trakker slx v2 or trakker mk2 armo

Back