• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Muck boots

Mine came today and they are pretty much perfect fit to be fair. They look massive and the box is ginormous but they don’t feel overly big on. I think combined with a good thick sock they will keep my feet as warm as they can get with my shocking circulation
Try without the thick socks to start with. I also suffer poor circulation, Reynards, and absolutely don't need thick socks. If the fit is a bit tight it can restrict circulation.

My Arctic Sports are on their fourth year now and well worth the money I paid for them. The previous pair of neoprene boots from a major tackle supplier lasted just one season. The grip on the soles would be my only criticism.

Someone on here, put a link up a few years ago, about a discontinued model of muckboot. ( laced up front ). Think they were about 30 quid. I got a pair, and they have been fantastic in sub zero conditions. I dont even wear socks in them, as they are very slightly tight, wish i had bought the next size up. But even without socks, i have stood in the middle of the river mersey at low tide, in the snow, and my feet didnt feel the cold. Theres wellies, and then there is muckboots. 👍
Coincidentally the second pair I am referring to is exactly the same ones which I also bought as a result of that post and they have lasted me 4 years so far including 2 years beating ;)

Had the lace up one's when they were on offer. Very good comfy boots. But the soles did come away last year, but gorilla glue fixed that.

Neoprene wellies (Aldi) + Cashmere socks (eBay) do me. Been wearing the same pair of boots for 4 winters now i.e. over 100 sessions.

My Muckmasters arrived this evening, I was amazed they fit perfectly (have always had problems with my right leg due to an accident I had in the 70s), they feel warm. The good thing was my Wife just accepted the fact that they fit well, I expected a much tougher battle than that to get them through.

My Muckmasters arrived this evening, I was amazed they fit perfectly (have always had problems with my right leg due to an accident I had in the 70s), they feel warm. The good thing was my Wife just accepted the fact that they fit well, I expected a much tougher battle than that to get them through.
She made me take them off to get into bed though :(

My wychwood neoprenes still going strong after 4 years when it’s freezing just team them up with some fleece welly liners

I have been a long term advocate of muck boots. Two pairs have lasted 4+ years each but my latest pair have just sprung a leak in just over a year of light use. I have emailed customer support. This is where you really find out whether a company values its customer. I will update the post when I hear back.

I have been asked to send the boots back. If they are deemed faulty (they are) they will offer a credit note. Trouble is I paid £73 for the boots and the same ones are now £125! Negotiations ongoing.....

Anyone in the market for some winter boots check these out great price.

Anyone in the market for some winter boots check these out great price.

Yep, good price for those. I think I bought mine at the same price (from the same place) a couple of months back, not had need to wear them yet.

Currently wearing the Frostline version, absolutely fine until the temps get right down and then I have felt the chill in them so hopefully the Snowlines will come into their own at that point.

Quality wise, the Frostlines have been worn regularly and aside from an occasional good clean and spray of the neoprene part with proofer (preventative measure only), they seem to be holding together exceptionally well and are very comfortable boots 👍

Hmmm, my first impressions of a winter using arctic muck boots is not as positive as some of the reviews on here , ive worn them with merino wool socks and still suffered cold feet im afraid, havnt found them any better than any other so called thermal wellie . I do suffer with cold feet and always struggle to find warm footwear but im afraid the search goes on as arctic sport muckboots aint doing it for me

Hmmm, my first impressions of a winter using arctic muck boots is not as positive as some of the reviews on here , ive worn them with merino wool socks and still suffered cold feet im afraid, havnt found them any better than any other so called thermal wellie . I do suffer with cold feet and always struggle to find warm footwear but im afraid the search goes on as arctic sport muckboots aint doing it for me

Been using these for the last few years - certainly not cheap, but like most high quality products they work: for me anyway.

I'm glad someone else found them to be not that great, for the money I expected better . The heel area in mine have got a large bump in then now , so it causes blisters when you walk in them .

Back