• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Muck boots

My only worry would be that the battery would be digging into your leg with muck boots on other than that I’d be interested in getting some if your reports come back positive

You could always extend the cable and have it running up your leg to your pocket
Most of the heated insoles have the batterypack that clips to the back of the boot.I've got some stashed away somewhere and remember them staying warm on the highest setting for about 2 hours.They may well have improved these days.Designed mostly for skiers.

I haven't got the Navitas but got some Sundridge hot foot floating boots that are made from the same EVA foam and they are excellent,light as a feather, very warm.Like walking on air.
Can't ever see me going back to heavier weight boots.Too fatiguing to walk in with your gear.Cheap as well👍
That's good to hear Dave. I'm surprised there aren't more companies selling wellies using this material and all seem to be under £50 too. They are almost unnervingly light aren't they, like if you fell in you'd soon be upside down 😅

Josh,
I looked at the Navitas boots last year, but they look HUGE, like moon boots ! So I didn't buy them. Annoyed at myself now because they had got my size in stock.
They are rather chunky Mike but one of those items when you pick up you can't believe how light they are.
Thanks for sharing that, for the sake of £35, I’ve forgone my Aigle fetish and ordered some direct from the Navitas website
No problem Neil, Hope they are up to scratch for you. 👍

I've just been informed there's a pair in my size just come in, fingers crossed they aren't gone by the time I get in tomorrow!

That's good to hear Dave. I'm surprised there aren't more companies selling wellies using this material and all seem to be under £50 too. They are almost unnervingly light aren't they, like if you fell in you'd soon be upside down 😅
Surprisingly long lasting as well .There's a few companies out there doing them.My only negative about them is the grip isn't brilliant on slippery sloping banks.

Surprisingly long lasting as well .There's a few companies out there doing them.My only negative about them is the grip isn't brilliant on slippery sloping banks.

I have the Skeetex versions, and have been pretty happy over the last couple of years with them. However, i do tend to find after a full day, the outside of the 'sock' insert is soaking wet, which then chills my feet, so back to square one. Use them now for the boat where im not walking and thus not sweating as much.

I picked up some Artics a couple of weeks ago, and have been more than impressed so far, kept my feet toasty after plenty of walking too.

Paul, £199 for the bluetooth version?? 😳 I pray to god they work for you!
Yep they were two hundred quid but as i said i have tried everything including cheaper electric socks ( socks fall down/batteries are awkward) and the have all been ineffective for my specific needs (anyone on here who suffers badly from neuropathy will know what cold does). So today sat by the Wye for 6 hours (catching sod all until 1 chub at dusk) with the batteries on medium level setting which gives 6-8 hours of warmth, heating level modified by the app on the phone and, guess what, no cold feet - not toasting but comfortable and no pain. Ok first trip but looking positive. As Dave said above the ones i bought are to warm ski boots and a highest setting will last 4-5 hours - friends who ski (I don't) tell me they are very popular on the slopes and i suppose given the cost of skiing are a small % of the total holiday cost. If they keep me fishing for more than a couple of hours through the winter and standing in wild places taking landscape photos they are worth every penny. You pays your money...

IHowever, i do tend to find after a full day, the outside of the 'sock' insert is soaking wet, which then chills my feet, so back to square one.
I've said this Time and Time again Pure wool or high content wool socks Thick or thin Depending, Will stay warm when wet and that's what I've found works proper in any situation of cold feet .STAY AWAY FROM HIGH SYNTHETIC CONTENT SOCKS.
Standard issue for the Norwegian army and any army with arctic deployment.

Paul, absolutely important for me to point out that I am in no way mocking the price tag. If the gear makes your fishing enjoyable then it is worth absolutely every penny 👍
Rob i didn't think you were but i get it if folks do and am not offended (£200 quid for socks 😂 - actually more like £60 for socks - £140 for batteries) - they ain't cheap but neither is a Mark Tunley custom built rod - does it mean you catch more, nope, does it add to the pleasure, undoubtedly...

Rob i didn't think you were but i get it if folks do and am not offended (£200 quid for socks 😂 - actually more like £60 for socks - £140 for batteries) - they ain't cheap but neither is a Mark Tunley custom built rod - does it mean you catch more, nope, does it add to the pleasure, undoubtedly...

👍 my Tunley built rods I bought off a mate were a steal this year 😂

I've said this Time and Time again Pure wool or high content wool socks Thick or thin Depending, Will stay warm when wet and that's what I've found works proper in any situation of cold feet .STAY AWAY FROM HIGH SYNTHETIC CONTENT SOCKS.

Alpaca wool socks are amazing I’ve found. My ex-MIL used to bring them over for me from Switzerland. They arent the cheapest, but you get what you pay for.

Oh i agree, but still suffered with those boots. I am diabetic though and suffer from poor circulation so understand what works/doesnt work for me isnt the same for others.

If anyone goes down the Navitas boot route, mentioned earlier, be warned, the shoe sizes are not true. I have long skinny feet, I tend to float between size 11 and 12 normally, but these Navitas boots in size 12, are too small for my feet and wearing just a thin sock.

The calf part of the boot is also quite flared, meaning you'll likely always need the wear them with over trouser tucked in?

Back