• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Muck boots

Who fancies taking a punt for £45??

Who fancies taking a punt for £45??

Wow ! Socks which come with an instruction manual.
Too many cold days on the banks of the Ouse me thinks Rob.😁

Wow ! Socks which come with an instruction manual.
Too many cold days on the banks of the Ouse me thinks Rob.😁

Enjoyed many cold days fishing Mike and to be honest there is nothing worse than cold feet when sat static. Quite often it's the only reason I'll pack up and go home. Heated socks could be a game changer, and the female in the promo video kinda sells them to me 🥰 😂 😂😂

I have been a long term advocate of muck boots. Two pairs have lasted 4+ years each but my latest pair have just sprung a leak in just over a year of light use. I have emailed customer support. This is where you really find out whether a company values its customer. I will update the post when I hear back.

It took a bit of time but Muckboots have replaced the pair that sprung a leak. Out of guarantee so pretty good customer service.

Steve

My Arctics finally gave up last week after 5 years of abuse so ordered a pair of Muckmasters. Used them this morning to walk the dog and was very impressed with them.

Been wearing my new muckmasters for a couple of weeks now.
I now see how bad my old boots were, the normal pair of thin socks and a pair of thick socks at the same time
Could be a thing of the past 👍

Don't think i'll ever be able to get away with only one pair of socks, had my Grubs Snowline on on Friday and it was a heady 3 degrees C air temp. Normal socks and the heat holder ultimates on, plus my boots have extra lining of felt & fleece insoles. I would be lying if I said I said I didn't get a little bit of chill in my toe ends. To be fair, a quick wander about on the bank and I can feel heat return almost instantly to my feet, but it's not practical to do that often when watching a line going under the nearside bushes!

Those power pack socks are looking more and more tempting... 😂😂😂

Apart from the summer months I virtually live in wellies!. I wear them fishing, on shoots, and twice a day every day walking 2 labs. I've tried every conceivable make there is and for the last 25 years I've been wearing neoprene Aigles. Not cheap by a long way but they're the most comfortable, long lasting, warm wellies I've found. Even better than Le Chameau. You can walk miles in them. You hardly notice you've got wellies on!. My present pair I've now had 5 years. I paid 145 quid for them. Worth every penny.

I would have to agree that in terms of quality, product life and comfort, you cannot beat Aigle wellies. I have both the unlined (summer) and neoprene lined (winter use) Parcours versions. You can walk miles in them! My cheap crampons from ebay, fit them too.

Since hitting 50 however, I've really started to feel the cold in my feet and with the Aigles, this is true when the air temp goes below 4 degrees. I've read reviews on just about every other boot mentioned on this thread and there always seems to be a few negative reviews on quality. This is definitely not the case with Aigle and my Neoprene lines Parcours are 6+ years old and still going strong. I'm reluctant to buy another brand, so I'm now trying to find another layer and I'm awaiting delivery of some neoprene socks from Amazon, which will take it to 8mm thickness combined.

Last edited:
As i have said before I cannot allow my feet to get cold as the pain swiftly follows and have tried nearly all types of boot to no avail, currently on the Arctic outpost muckboots which are the most expensive - I am sure they used to say the lowest temperature but not any more. These have great soles and when walking about they are the dogs, but sit for 3/4 hours and my feet suffer even in these. So for this winter i have bought a pair of Therm-ic electric heated socks off the Raynaud's website - not cheap, bluetooth control from the phone and used to heat ski boots. Will provide an update...

Out today for 5 hours stillwater piking. Was a very cold day but here's what I did. I took out the extra insoles from my snowline wellies (these are ones I put in btw) to give my toes more wriggle room. To be honest it helped. I could feel a bit of space around my feet ends which allowed air to pocket inside the heat holder socks, and it meant I could wriggle my the toes to generate some warmth. Couple of times when my toes felt 'odd' I couldn't decide if they were cold or too warm?! But I was certainly comfortable today. I'll be leaving the extra insoles out...

Out today for 5 hours stillwater piking. Was a very cold day but here's what I did. I took out the extra insoles from my snowline wellies (these are ones I put in btw) to give my toes more wriggle room. To be honest it helped. I could feel a bit of space around my feet ends which allowed air to pocket inside the heat holder socks, and it meant I could wriggle my the toes to generate some warmth. Couple of times when my toes felt 'odd' I couldn't decide if they were cold or too warm?! But I was certainly comfortable today. I'll be leaving the extra insoles out...

'wriggle room'.

You've hit the nail on the head there as far I'm concerned. I find the Grisport ranger boots allow me to wriggle my toes around, even with thick socks on. And that makes a big difference to me, much more important to me than any neoprene etc. That and resting my feet on my unhooking mat which also helps I find.

Absolutely Joe, the extra insoles, while good in theory, made it a tight fit. No room for air to trap and be warmed by body heat and also restricting movement. If it warms to near double digits I'll probably pop the insoles back in and wear one pair of socks, but if I'm wearing the thick ones on top of normal socks then they're counter productive 👍

I work in a large Outdoor retail store, with a fishing department, we sell muck boots and I am forever hearing they are not as good as they used to be.

I've also lost count of the number of anglers that have bought the Navitas Lite Insulated boots as an alternative and swear by them, insulated down to -30c apparently, they are made of closed cell EVA. Saying that, I've been waiting a year now to get a pair in my size as we only get a few pairs in at a time and they go within a day or two. At only £26.99 they seem to be a bit of a bargain and have not heard one bad word about them. I could buy them elsewhere but staff discount is hard to pass up, although I am getting tired of frozen toes in my Aigles.

Anyone tried them?

I work in a large Outdoor retail store, with a fishing department, we sell muck boots and I am forever hearing they are not as good as they used to be.

I've also lost count of the number of anglers that have bought the Navitas Lite Insulated boots as an alternative and swear by them, insulated down to -30c apparently, they are made of closed cell EVA. Saying that, I've been waiting a year now to get a pair in my size as we only get a few pairs in at a time and they go within a day or two. At only £26.99 they seem to be a bit of a bargain and have not heard one bad word about them. I could buy them elsewhere but staff discount is hard to pass up, although I am getting tired of frozen toes in my Aigles.

Anyone tried them?
I haven't got the Navitas but got some Sundridge hot foot floating boots that are made from the same EVA foam and they are excellent,light as a feather, very warm.Like walking on air.
Can't ever see me going back to heavier weight boots.Too fatiguing to walk in with your gear.Cheap as well👍

Anyone tried them?
Josh,
I looked at the Navitas boots last year, but they look HUGE, like moon boots ! So I didn't buy them. Annoyed at myself now because they had got my size in stock.

So for this winter i have bought a pair of Therm-ic electric heated socks off the Raynaud's website - not cheap, bluetooth control from the phone and used to heat ski boots. Will provide an update...

Paul, £199 for the bluetooth version?? 😳 I pray to god they work for you!

Anyone tried them?

Thanks for sharing that, for the sake of £35, I’ve forgone my Aigle fetish and ordered some direct from the Navitas website

Anyone in the market for some winter boots check these out great price.

They look like they've changed the grips on them, mine are about 4/5 years old and just starting to leak, good boots, feet never get cold in them.

Back