• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

More questions than really necessary??

i can remember teaching my lad carp fishing (a long time back i add lol)
now he wanted a new rod rather than one of the second hand tools that i pointed out to him at the lake cabin, he chose what was then a well known brand but also at a budget price, he had a few carp on it then one evening he had a real screaming run he remembered what i told him about 2 quick pace backwards,
CRACK! like a pistol shot! anmd the top section eas now 2 sections:eek::eek:
yes the tackleshop changed for a new one but that fish he couldnt replace:(
he still remebers it today,
the moral is buy as good a tool for the job as you can afford, they dont often sell dear ones if they dont stand up to the job, nothing about cult or fashion just a good tool that will do the business when needed.

Dave
For goodness sake all I was saying it was rather OTT to attach the description as cult to a piece of tackle, the term would be better suited to the guy that would be holding the thing. Thank you for explaining in depth your view on cult however without labouring the point to have a cult following does not have any bearing on value or cost but more often than not does favour the the lower budget type films used in your analogy,true, but not in consumer products I am afraid.
Still let this be the end of it for the sake of everyones sanity and you just enjoy your collection of budget tackle. ;)

:D:D:D:D AS you say Neil, end of. When you reach the stage, as you have, where your top quality tackle is WAY better and stronger than the arguements you can put forward....then it is indeed time to stop :D

Cheers, Dave.

Back