• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Licence

Rang the EA on Tuesday to complain at my 5 withdrawals and was told to send a copy of my bank statement showing the 5 debits to:
EA
Bradmarsh Business Park
PO Box 544
Rotherham
S60 1BY

The monies will then be refunded.

If this helps anyone......................

I am not bothering with licence this year the EA do nothing.

In 45 years of fishing I have only been ask for my licence once, when I was
fishing the Royalty in the Parlour Pool 9 years ago, he walked 25 yards from
pump house with a guy from Wessex Water, with a mug of tea and asked to see my licence.

I asked him if he was going to check other anglers, he said he never had time and went back to the pump house with his tea.

the Royalty a small fishery, it was mid August, plenty of anglers on the banks to check

Ordered mine online, arrived 3 days later. Much easier to remove than last year. It has now been laminated for protection.

I purchased my licence from my local post office 3 weeks ago i have my slip of paper which asks to carry it with some from of ID no problems with this But also on the slip it states this receipt can only be used as proof of purchase for 28 days? I know it is highly unlikely to asked to produce it but is nice have the real thing

Alan :confused:

Hi men ,

Update .

Phoned the EA ( AGAIN, 3 times ) . Despite taking all my details , email address , two phone numbers , address etc , I had to phone again today to find out what is going on , as they still did not contact me about the 6 X £27 withdrawls .

They are going to over the next couple of days start to pay back the over payments . This will then take atound 2 more days to show in accounts , so about 4 days time it should show on statements .

Anyone who goes overdrawn at the bank due to this problem ( as my mate possibly will by tomorrow ) , the bankstatments supporting this , frowarded to the EA will also be repaid ( quite rightly).

I will be buying mine online , as lightning dont strike twice ......... does it ?

Hatter

Last edited:
Well I paid for mine on the phone on the 22nd March, the reminder arrived 2 days later. Still no license but they did give me a number which I have written on last year's license using my handy sharpie pen. I don't expect any problems after all I have paid, they have it on the system and I probably won't get asked for it. Although I was asked twice last year!

Conrad

Hearing that a couple of you chaps have had multiple debits from bank accounts has just had me checking mine !!! so far so good, only one withdrawal.....I think that EA are bang out of order in asking for copies of bank statements be sent as proof of multi withdrawal, can't they check from their end ? Are they going to give you guarantees that the personal details on the statement will be secure and that they will be shredded or sent back to you by secure post when finished with ? Be careful lads, call me cautious but that info is yours and yours alone...surely they can apply to their bank for confirmation...?

Micheal, sorry mate you're bang out of order also....do what you want to but don't go public with it....there may be some misguided people on here who are weak enough to follow your lead..........What next ? not paying your road tax because of potholes or insurance 'cos you don't have accidents ?? ...

Last edited:
Totally agree with you Bill.
If someone can't be bothered to buy a rod licence, turns up on June 16th to there favourite stretch only to find fish floating belly up due to polution, what's the first phone call they're going to make ????
It's only £27.
Rant over....

Ordered mine online and it arrived in the post 3 days later....must be lucky.:)

i support my local post office and got mine yesterday
with reciept untill my licence comes in the post
simples
n/m

Hi men ,

YES , I got that one , TWICE !!:rolleyes: .

They missed a bit out that should have read ,

Sorry for debiting 2 accounts for 7 X 27 quid , and possible causing problems with your bank / credit card company , and because of all the follow up telephone calls you have made , please have the licence that you have bought for the last 45 years on us !!!!!

Hatter

Mark if you've been buying a licence for 45 years you must be an old sod like myself :D:D:D bought mine online 3 weeks ago and came within 3 days.
graham

Hi men ,

Poetic licence ( boom boom ), fishing since I was 7 , and Im 52 , but im sure i did not bother with a licence in the early days . Its Luton Town that makes me feel my age , bloody football teams , but its in your blood .

Hatter

Back