• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Licence

Mark Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi men ,

" Hello , im trying to buy a rod licence online , now I have phoned you , yesterday , and today it wont take my card details ? "

EA , " yes sir , our systems are down , and we cant issue you one "

" not a good situation over easter then ?, what can you suggest ? "

EA " pop along and watch someone fishing , as a spectator "

Ah well , its my fault for having a full time job , and not getting to the PO before it shuts . Better off having a Polish accent , and eating the bloody things as well :D:D:D:D:D.

Hatter

EA " pop along and watch someone fishing , as a spectator "
i don't think they understand fishing at all, useless.:eek:

That might explain my distinct lack of licence that was bought and paid for at the post office over a week ago. Folk were talking of getting them within two days but I'm obviously not that lucky.:(

Ordered mine yesterday. No problems.
They send you an email that you can print off and use if you get asked.

I pay mine direct debit and have done since the scheme started......Tbh if you are not sorted by this time of the year you only have yourself to blame, the licence is a bit like your tax demand or Christmas, it comes round at the same time every year.:)

Hi men ,

I dont fish the closed season for a while yet , just thought i would get one online / phone . It was the "spectator" comment that made me laugh :D. I have enough of that watching Sue ;) .

Hatter

Attempted to buy one on line this morning.
Each time i submitted my card details i was told there was an error, please try again or contact your card provider......
Tried 5 times, got fed up then rang my bank to find out what the problem was.....only to be told the £27 transaction had gone through 5 times !!!!!!
And to cap it all off I cant contact the EA until Tuesday.
NOT HAPPY !!!

Ordered mine yesterday. No problems.
They send you an email that you can print off and use if you get asked.

Ordered mine last monday, and recieved my e-mail confirmation straight away! I've not yet recieved my licence but considering i've not had it checked in the last 25 years a print of the e-mail will do for me! :rolleyes:

Hi men ,

Colin , I dont own enough rods :eek:, I tried about 6 times on one card , and once on another :D, well thats all the best swims on my stretch sorted :D .

Hatter

Ordered mine online on the 10th of March, still not received it. After two phone calls, they've finally decided they did send it out, but it must have got lost in the post, so they're sending another out. Ho hum.

I do have a printout so I'm legal. Although after today's weather, it's now a soggy mess in the bottom of my tackle bag :D

I renewed both of mine on line 3 weeks ago, got the first one within a week, got the second one yesterday, however, it has replacement printed on the back and I never called to say I didn't receive it, weird!!!

I've paid over 2 weeks ago and still no license. My reminder arrived 2 days after I'd paid for a new licence. I didn't pay online instead I used the phone. The money has left my bank so I cannot be blamed so don't expect any trouble. Still it is a shambles!

Conrad

I thought i had paid mine by standing order but as nothing has arrived yet i will be of to the Post Office this morning to buy one!

Conrad, I bought mine on line last season and waited over 3 months for it to arrive!!

On another note I don't think ive been asked to produce my license for about 3 seasons now.

Colin, that's a great excuse for me to go out and buy some new rods.....

Back