• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Licence

The Chairman on Wednesday

I believe that there is a lot to be said for the jolly old Post Office. Bit of queueing involved, yes, almost certainly. Maybe even having to chat pleasantly to a slightly incoherent, very lonely old lady as you do so, but you do walk away with your Licence and not too badly out of pocket...

As ever,

B.B.

The Chairman on Wednesday

I believe that there is a lot to be said for the jolly old Post Office. Bit of queueing involved, yes, almost certainly. Maybe even having to chat pleasantly to a slightly incoherent, very lonely old lady as you do so, but you do walk away with you Licence and not too badly out of pocket...

As ever,

B.B.

Not any more you don't. You go through the relevant details, or hand over your renewal slip for them to scan the barcode, hand over your money and walk away with nothing more than a receipt. Then you wait for the EA to send your licence through the post.

Sounds perfectly horrendous and almost certainly a Vile State-ist plot to not only tax hard-working types but also to wind them up in as much Red Tape as possible. Almost worth giving up fishing or leaving the country to avoid...

B.B.

Hi men ,

Agree Paul :(

Just spoke to EA :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:. They knew there was a problem , and yes they should have stopped telling people to carry on trying to perchase them :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.

Took my details down , know that Iv tried with credit , and debit cards , very sorry , BUT HAVE NO TIME SCALE AS TO WHEN ANY MONEYS WILL BE REFUNDED !!!!!!!.

Spoke to someone who will be put overdrawn by the 5 payments withdrawn by EA , so he is contacting his bank to let them know .

Post office looks good Paul.

Hatter

Mark, tell the card issuer, there are (potential) unauthorised withdrawals or errors, they may well put a stop on them.
Do mention it's not fraudulant activity, or they'll kill your card!!

Hi men ,

Fred , getting onto my bank in a min , but the funds have gone . Quick taking , quick to sort it out ????, dont think so :(.

Hatter

You can have 14 rods on The Kennet next season Mark, you should catch a Barbel. Hope you can get your money back mate, but not sure it will be easy the way the E.A. perform, Renewed mine in The post office on 23rd March still not had my Licence sent to me.

Ray.

Last edited:
Hi men ,

Ray , 14 rods ? , im not REDUCING the amount im using :D:D:D:D:D. Bank have been informed , will stop the payments , when they get a recipt from EA :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D, what a joke , I did not get my licence for 2 months last year , and fished with the print out from my laptop . The said we can despute the payments , but earliest anything will be paid is at least 31 days :( .

Now , Im hoping that the Ea , who know there is a problem , know I dont need the licence , will simply put the money back . The bank said keep chasing them , as it should be simple to refund it via the bank payments .

As the Jam said , "This is a modern world" :D

Hatter

Yeah, but it is indestructible (melting being the exception of course) and has a lovely picture of a barbel on it though Ray, that must be woirth the wait!!

if it was to be angler friendly, it would go back to angling stores to sell them,
the good old days.
by the way folks, you don't need the actual licence to go fishing, the receipt is as good as.

Couldn't care less, I've got my reference number and print out that I've paid, so what's the problem

From the point of being legal there is no problem. I'm just mildly irritated that each year it's such a screw up. It shouldn't be a shock for them that they get a load of applications for licences. I'm just relieved that I chose the PO method rather than going on line. I'd be a lot more than irritated if I'd have paid several times over due to a rubbish system like some poor sods have. There's no chance of me paying on line or by direct debit until they can demonstrate a system that comes close to working properly. How much money is going to be wasted sorting out the mess that would have been far better spent on fisheries? We really haven't moved on at all from the days of getting oversized pieces of paper direct from the PO. In fact it seems to have gone backwards, at least that worked.:D

Hi men ,

It did amusse us that we sat through a few EA rod licence adverts on sky today , not so funny if withdrawing 6 X 27 quid puts you overdrawn at the bank , good job I see the funny side of things .

Hatter

Back