• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Licence

I thought i had paid mine by standing order but as nothing has arrived yet i will be of to the Post Office this morning to buy one!

Tom,
you don't get anything other than receipts in your hand when you buy one from the Post Office. That's all I have, the renewal slip with PO receipts stapled to it.

Ordered mine online mid march and it arrived a week later, then my reminder arrived the week after.

Attempted to buy one on line this morning.
Each time i submitted my card details i was told there was an error, please try again or contact your card provider......
Tried 5 times, got fed up then rang my bank to find out what the problem was.....only to be told the £27 transaction had gone through 5 times !!!!!!
And to cap it all off I cant contact the EA until Tuesday.
NOT HAPPY !!!

the bad news is that you will NOT get your money back. :mad:

the good news , however , is that you WILL be the only angler using
10 rods next season :D

richard

Yep Chris, i got a couple of bits of paper to say i have paid for one.

Why the hell can i not get a license as i used too, go to the Post Office and buy it there and then, why do the powers that be have to change everything for the worse!

My licence has come every year around the last week in march, via the direct debit i set up 3-4 years ago. Absolutely no problem at all.

Perfect, apart from the tiny piece of plastic for a licence.

My licence has come every year around the last week in march, via the direct debit i set up 3-4 years ago. Absolutely no problem at all.

Perfect, apart from the tiny piece of plastic for a licence.

Totally agree, DD system is perfect, they just drop through the letterbox on time every year, what a load of fuss over nothing :rolleyes:

As for getting them from the post office, yes that was great fun, queing up for bloody ages and then standing around while they searched for the poxy things.

Progress, yeah its all rubbish :D

The Chairman on Saturday

Subject: DD - only way to go

Yes. Mine was delivered to The Castle by our local postlady (lovely gal).

So glad the EA took on board my suggestions for artwork, too.

garden-centres-001.jpg

As ever,

B.B.

Hi men ,

Simon , Fuss over nothing , unless of corse they have withdrawn money the 7 times I tried online , especially as the nice young lady told me to keep doing so .

Hatter

Mark,

Double check with your bank, each time I tried on line an error message appeared telling me to re try or ue another card....5 attempts cost me £135 !!!!

I feel sorry for you lads that have problems! I rang on a Monday and my new licence was on the door mat on the Saturday of the same week. It was the same last season. :)

After reading all the post's i have come to the conclusion that the E.A want you all to go direct debit,as with most utility's, i must admit it's a complete shambles and is not good enough,i do use the direct debit system for my licence and i have not had any problems at all,in fact it has been very good,the only problem that i have had is peeling it off it's backing paper.
Brian

Hi men ,

OH DEAR , not had a chance to check , but someone has told me that due to a short notice fishing trip over easter he tried to do it online . 4 withdrawls from bank , and two from a credit card , AND THE SAME ADVICE AS MINE OVER THE PHONE , KEEP TRYING ALL DAY !!!!!!!!!!!. The lady on the other end obviously did not know , but that has made the situation even worse . Hope when I get to check mine that none have come out .

Hatter

Last year I went to the post office and got mine after 9 weeks.

Have waited 10 days so far this year.

Have only been asked to produce my license once in the last 30 years, and often wonder why I bother.

I tried on Thursday to renew mine by phone,i gave up after hanging on for 7 minutes,
then tried on Friday to do it online,went through the whole process and then for some reason could'nt check out
Is it any wonder that so many just don't bother buying one ?
will go to the post office less hassle:rolleyes:

mike

Hi men ,

WELL , after taking the advice from the EA , they have debited my account 7 BLOODY times :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:. AND , obviosly my credit card twice .

Will be on the phone pronto first thing . Their system was telling everyone it was down , not accepting payments , and taking it anyway . NOT BLOODY HAPPY AT ALL>

Hatter

Back