• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Lathams internet shop Warning

I live very close to a Lathams store and i find the service and stock levels are a disgrace, never have what you want. one day the shelves look full and very soon empty and there is never any stock replacement,when you complain its always the same answer" management will not reorder ".
If a decent tackle shop opened close by,Lathams tackle shop would be closed very soon after. a
Also have to say at times the staff are no better,not very well informed on the producks that they sell and grumpy does not even get close.
If it was not for the holidaymakers they would be in trouble,most fisherman i know do there best to avoid the place .

watchdog n rogue traders, yeah we could carry on paying good money for our tv license to keep a man in work to ride a motorbike & doing absoloutly nothing.
i dont mean that matt guy, i mean the other one. what exactly does he do.

Neil
yes I agree I don't like the play acting but as a factual consumer prog it can only be good.

Still no hooks or refund :rolleyes:

Mike

Have been waiting since 4 May for an item. Callled today and was told that they havn't had delivery of it so they have given me a full refund (I've had it). Not great service but fair as I said I'd wait until mid June for it to appear. If you don;t get your order, press for a refund and go elsewhere!

Dare I suggest that for hooks and sundry items the BFW shop is excellent, always had excellent service and they have most of the bits that I want. I have also had good service from Leslie's of Luton as well for the hooks that Andy doesn't have.

However Sheffield is very well served with local tackle shops, Billy Clarke's is a fine shop for its size the there is always Climax when I can be bothered to go.

Bait is problem now and I am having to resort to mail order, I hate paying so much postage.

Conrad

Bait is problem now and I am having to resort to mail order, I hate paying so much postage.
I always find it strange that with Nutrabiats based in the same city, Climax bags of base mix seem old and baggy with air
- when I order fresh mix locally from the Nutrabiats rep, it is always a tight vacuum seal bag with minimal air
As for pellets etc, order bulk and freeze until needed

Retail is hostile and retailers should treat everyone the same, I was in it for 10 years and I would treat someone equally to spending a few quid to someone who spend thousands, had a few that spent a few quid in the end spending thousands...what goes around comes around.

Very true. I've been in retail for over 20 years (still am) and reputation is everything, whether face to face, on the phone or on the net.
I know I make more money from a loyal customer spending £3 a fortnight over several years who recommends us than a one-off who spends £200 and I never see again.

First impressions are all-powerful and Mud sticks.

Lathams

I would be happy to buy from BFW (have in the past) but They don't stock the hooks that I prefer.

I will press for a refund ,I asked again on Monday but of course still no refund still no hooks :rolleyes::mad::(

As to the question about Lathams reading this thread,well they know about it so who knows they are either very arrogant,very stupid or perhaps just can't read:)

If it were my company I wouldn't want bad publicity out on a popular fishing website,They have made no effort to rectify the situation my guess is they are arrogant and don't give two hoots

Mike

I've had a rod on order from Lathams since May, they took the money and I can't get through to ask for refund and they don't answer emails. I'm just going to dispute the transaction with my credit card company and let them deal with it. Awful.

I've happily used Leslies of Luton before and not had a single problem.

I would be happy to buy from BFW (have in the past) but They don't stock the hooks that I prefer.

I will press for a refund ,I asked again on Monday but of course still no refund still no hooks :rolleyes::mad::(

As to the question about Lathams reading this thread,well they know about it so who knows they are either very arrogant,very stupid or perhaps just can't read:)

If it were my company I wouldn't want bad publicity out on a popular fishing website,They have made no effort to rectify the situation my guess is they are arrogant and don't give two hoots

Mike

That's certainly the impression that comes across Mike. I'd never heard of them but wouldn't touch them with a barge pole and they appear clueless about good customer relations.

anyone used nailors on the south coast??

Although cheap David, my brother paid for a reel and next day delivery and it never arrived showing "in stock" but of course it wasn't, got a refund after a while.

I would call them first to see if they have in stock before ordering online.

Carl
It looks as though a few of us have had problems with Lathams,It was worthwhile starting this thread as it highlights a poor supplier and hopefully others will have read the thread and won't get caught out.
Worse for you as it is a rod and considerabley more money .....good luck with the refund.
still no refund or hooks here !

Carl
It looks as though a few of us have had problems with Lathams,It was worthwhile starting this thread as it highlights a poor supplier and hopefully others will have read the thread and won't get caught out.
Worse for you as it is a rod and considerabley more money .....good luck with the refund.
still no refund or hooks here !

Yes, I'm glad I saw the thread and am happy to put across my experience. You often see people having minor problems with small shops who have big websites and often can't fulfill orders. So long as they deal with it then no harm done but Lathams are beyond bad and virtually uncontactable. This is unacceptable.

I'm not that worried as I paid by credit card, I'm disappointed as I'd used them before and found them reliable. I'd bought a Fox Warrior Pike rod from them before and no problems. They seem to have gone to the dogs.

Refund

Carl,
I had one last ditch effort and rang the customer care (joke) line
I told them that if the money was not debited to my account by tomorrow that I would contact trading standards and the police !

Hey presto whilst we were still on the phone I recieved a full refund:eek:
I spent more money on phonecalls than the refund was worth:rolleyes: still it was a principal thing

perhaps if you do the same you may get a result ?

I'd be spending work's money on the phone, but I totally agree it's a principal thing. I've spoken to Egg, just filled in a form and provided proof of the order and attempts I've made to contact them which is simple enough so they can sort it out between themselves. It's not much skin off my nose.

Trading Standards is a good one, cheers :D

Back