• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Lathams internet shop Warning

Neil,
I appreciate you spending time on this truely.I have to say whatever the problems that they have had this could have been handled by them with more customer care,It should not take a third party telling them that they are getting bad press on a website to get their arses into gear.
If they had got any balls they would have sorted it out within a couple of days.
Anyway I will let you know what happens.as it seems odd to get a small part refund,I wish they had done what I asked and given a full refund,
I have had great service from other tackle suppliers online so will stick to them in future

Mike

Hope it get's sorted Mike, I get a perverse kick out of crossing swords out of companies that give bad service....Have I told you about British Gas EDF and Scottish Power? :D

Any Severn Barbs yet?

my lad ordered me some shades from lesleys of luton, with a promise of them arriving by fathers day. after a phone call he was told sorry not in stock, but they still took his money. why should they be able to this. yes they have since repayed it back but thats not the point is it

It appears that this is the norm not an exception
Part refund not appeared in bank yet:(
and of course still no hooks in todays post:rolleyes:

just to Balance things up,I have had great service from
HARRIS ANGLING
SPORTFISH
NWAC
HINDERS

Mike

There's nothing more annoying than ordering something online, only to receive an email saying the item is out of stock/or nothing at all until when you realise nothing has arrived. I simply ring the company up, cancel the order, tell them I won't be ordering from again and let friends know.

Good service from Poingdestres, Tackle2u, Bristol Angling, Hinders.

Hinders? Outstanding, placed an order at 11pm, had a message the next working day to say it had been despatched and it duly arrived an hour or so after receiving the message saying it was on its way!

I have always found Leslies of Luton to be superb when I cannot get to the shops and need terminal tackle during the week I always place my order with them.
Uttings were superb for my shades..
Also I have been too Hinders a few times and cannot stand the place, carp dominated and when buying bigger items I have found there advice wanting. Once arrived there with £400 burning a hole in my pocket for a couple of reels and a new winter suit after helping me for all of 30 seconds he wandered off to answer phones instead. So I wandered off back to my local shop.

I have always found Leslies of Luton to be superb when I cannot get to the shops and need terminal tackle during the week I always place my order with them.
Uttings were superb for my shades..
Also I have been too Hinders a few times and cannot stand the place, carp dominated and when buying bigger items I have found there advice wanting. Once arrived there with £400 burning a hole in my pocket for a couple of reels and a new winter suit after helping me for all of 30 seconds he wandered off to answer phones instead. So I wandered off back to my local shop.

Not too dissimilar to my experience at Hinders, the bloke in there was more interested in his loud wisecracks with a girl that appeared to be working there, I knew what I wanted picked them up put them at the till and the bloke asks "Is There anything else that you need mate" my answer "There could have been" and paid.
Retail is hostile and retailers should treat everyone the same, I was in it for 10 years and I would treat someone equally to spending a few quid to someone who spend thousands, had a few that spent a few quid in the end spending thousands...what goes around comes around.

It appears that this is the norm not an exception
Part refund not appeared in bank yet:(
and of course still no hooks in todays post:rolleyes:

just to Balance things up,I have had great service from
HARRIS ANGLING
SPORTFISH
NWAC
HINDERS

Mike

Mike, the guy I spoke with yesterday was Daniel Brydon get him on 01953 715200

Neil,
I have no intention of calling them/him again
I have rang 4 times and emailed 4 or 5 times
They should have sorted it out by now
I am not spending anymore time or money I could have bought a bloody rod if I had charged for my time

Mike

Neil,
I have no intention of calling them/him again
I have rang 4 times and emailed 4 or 5 times
They should have sorted it out by now
I am not spending anymore time or money I could have bought a bloody rod if I had charged for my time

Mike

Fair enough but it's a direct line to him if you wanted to let off steam.

popped into a local branch of Lathams yesterday with a mate, poor service as sales person very grumpy and unhelpful. Not even a `thankyou` when he paid for his goods which was quite a bit. These retailers need a lesson in customer service. good manners cost nothing. I personally wont be using Lathams in the future because of this rudeness.:(
Internet shopping may be soulless and fraught with potential problems with delivery for some, I personally have been lucky so far and all my online purchases have been swift and stress free

alan

No hooks in todays post !!!
expectations were not high
so a partial refund of £3.96
one would assume that would mean that they had the balance of the order
as I said before Charletons of the first order

Mike

No hooks in todays post !!!
expectations were not high
so a partial refund of £3.96
one would assume that would mean that they had the balance of the order
as I said before Charletons of the first order

Mike

Ring him then....he runs Barford Lakes complex in Norwich? He states that Customer Care is so important blah blah ,Ring him and then tell us what you did with him, that would be far more interesting:rolleyes:

Back