• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Kicked out for catching too many!

Oh dear, some here still haven't got themselves a life, I see. You'd be so much happier if you related to folk and didn't think and act so poisonously...

Who's a pretty boy then?

Bootey2.jpg

Available as a lot in the March 23rd Mullock sale. I won't be there as I will be washing my hair.

Last edited:
Oh dear, some here still haven't got themselves a life, I see. You'd be so much happier if you related to folk and didn't think and act so poisonously...

I tried relating to you Paul, openly and via PM, but your ego and bizarre personality issues confound anyone who tries....I know, I have spoken to many of them. One only has to look at the inevitable furore that results on any of the very many forums you have been a member of to see where the fault lies....it's not rocket science, now is it?

No one would deny that you are a gifted and talented man, and that you have a lot to offer. If only you could produce the stuff enjoyed by myself and many others without the bitter, condescending, nonsense riddled, egotistical verbal garbage that inevitably has to be waded through to get to the gems, things would be so different.

Whatever....I am off fishing. I will go and do my thing, and let you carry on with yours.

Cheers, Dave.

I tried relating to you Paul, openly and via PM, but your ego and bizarre personality issues confound anyone who tries....I know, I have spoken to many of them. One only has to look at the inevitable furore that results on any of the very many forums you have been a member of to see where the fault lies....it's not rocket science, now is it?

No one would deny that you are a gifted and talented man, and that you have a lot to offer. If only you could produce the stuff enjoyed by myself and many others without the bitter, condescending, nonsense riddled, egotistical verbal garbage that inevitably has to be waded through to get to the gems, things would be so different.

Whatever....I am off fishing. I will go and do my thing, and let you carry on with yours.

Cheers, Dave.

The above (and your many other back-of-a-fagpacket character analyses of Yours truly) says much much more about yourself, David Gauntlett, than it does about a man you have never met yet appear obsessed by (you and a few others); it also does Angling (which some, here and elsewhere, are always saying is going or has gone to the dogs) no good whatsoever. I hope that you put out whatever fire is raging inside your head at the waterside.

Some people are impressed by it Clive. Then again, back in that era even Bucks Fizz had groupies :D

Cheers, Dave.

Well, I certainly know one who is always impressed with it. :D

Great link BTW. Reminds me of the FFF days. They failed to respect the dude too.

A musing from the piscatorial sidelines: Football is a gentleman's game played by thugs, rugby a thug's game played by gentlemen. And modern Angling...?

Blimey

This thread really has "turned out nice" hasn't it. It's not even the closed season yet. That's not a suggestion for another thread by the way.

Nick C

Yes, Nick. Perhaps if we told some of the boys on a fly / spottie forum or two (a few of whom have visited here in the past, on insult-'n'-run raids) and in the odd Fishy Trust or two that there's an inter-forum, open season, all methods (flay and bait) year-round Boote Bash, we could keep everyone "entertained" - beat the Roman Colosseum on a busy day hands-down. Just think of the number of hits (and that's just the crippling replies they'd be getting from me)...

Yes, Nick. Perhaps if we told some of the boys on a fly / spottie forum or two (a few of whom have visited here in the past, on insult-'n'-run raids) and in the odd Fishy Trust or two that there's an inter-forum, open season, all methods (flay and bait) year-round Boote Bash, we could keep everyone "entertained" - beat the Roman Colosseum on a busy day hands-down. Just think of the number of hits (and that's just the crippling replies they'd be getting from me)...

Well I certainly haven't run anywhere Boote and don't intend to. Nor have I suffered any crippling replies from you, unless you count my being doubled up with crippling laughter at your pompousity. I have however seen yourself running away from debates in a predictably public and dramatic exit on countless occassions, only to quietly slink back days, or even merely hours later pretending that nothing has happened.

Top and bottom of it is; if you continue, as I expect you will, to blame the world and not yourself for the sorry state you find yourself in, then those who know better will continue to correct you. Just as you feel it necessary to contradict something you do not agree with. It works two way.

Well I certainly haven't run anywhere Boote and don't intend to. Nor have I suffered any crippling replies from you, unless you count my being doubled up with crippling laughter at your pompousity. I have however seen yourself running away from debates in a predictably public and dramatic exit on countless occassions, only to quietly slink back days, or even merely hours later pretending that nothing has happened.

Top and bottom of it is; if you continue, as I expect you will, to blame the world and not yourself for the sorry state you find yourself in, then those who know better will continue to correct you. Just as you feel it necessary to contradict something you do not agree with. It works two way.

Well, BFW-ers, I won't be rude to Mr Kenyon, nor will I respond to his postings about me or about any other matter in future, for I am not here or anywhere else to score points or to wage war against others, but do ask you to ask yourself just what you want from this site: a badger-baiting pit or an online somewhere where people can discuss things in a civilized, friendly manner?

Last edited:
A musing from the piscatorial sidelines: Football is a gentleman's game played by thugs, rugby a thug's game played by gentlemen. And modern Angling...?

I always thought it was a pastime enjoyed by gentle folk until I discovered Barbel Fishing World . I don't really look at other forums for fear of what I might find , is all this bile and vitriole really worth it chaps .?Just go fishing it's much better for you ...

I always thought it was a pastime enjoyed by gentle folk until I discovered Barbel Fishing World . I don't really look at other forums for fear of what I might find , is all this bile and vitriole really worth it chaps .?Just go fishing it's much better for you ...

As I have been saying for how many years here? Yet there are a very few who appear to be be unable to control themselves, going on "tilt" like ancient pinball machine then disappearing or shutting for a time before starting their nonsense again. Other forums? I post occasionally on a couple, still - FM (largely problem-free) and the Path By the Water Forum (totally problem-free, the owner having made it clear that just one insult or piece of nastiness from a member will see him strapped to a cannon mouth like an Indian sepoy in 1857 and blown away).

I'm with you there Mike...

When i was a junior, i used to fish with the adults in the local prison league (dad was officer and fished as well).
Half way through the series of evening matches, it was decided by the majority that juniors wouldn't be able to win the trophy (i was the only junior fishing) and this was because i was beating all the adults on the canals. I was a little bit peeved as worked hard to win the matches, it did annoy them to be beaten by a scrawny 14 year old though :D

When i was a junior, i used to fish with the adults in the local prison league (dad was officer and fished as well).
Half way through the series of evening matches, it was decided by the majority that juniors wouldn't be able to win the trophy (i was the only junior fishing) and this was because i was beating all the adults on the canals. I was a little bit peeved as worked hard to win the matches, it did annoy them to be beaten by a scrawny 14 year old though :D
i read a story some time ago of how a one young angler results were ignored in matches if they won, great this fishing lark, some are more equal than others.:(

Back