• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Kicked out for catching too many!

actually this angler, could be a bit of a b_ _ _ _ _ d if he wanted to be and seek legal advise with a solicitor over this fishing club banning him, because he has nt broken any club or match rules and they are forcing him out, with out a genuine reason, he may have a case, thats if he wants to go down that road,
would be interesting to see what the club would have to say , when a solicitor letter arrives on the secretary desk,

actually this angler, could be a bit of a b_ _ _ _ _ d if he wanted to be and seek legal advise with a solicitor over this fishing club banning him, because he has nt broken any club or match rules and they are forcing him out, with out a genuine reason, he may have a case, thats if he wants to go down that road,
would be interesting to see what the club would have to say , when a solicitor letter arrives on the secretary desk,

Interesting point Eddie but not sure if it would do any good. If the elected committee has decided to ban him then I wouldn't be sure there's a legal need for a reason. Unless he goes down the well trodden "human rights" road of course. Be interesting if he was an angler from an ethnic minority, then the whole scenario would change in an instant.

Rather than ban the poor guy, why not just look at the previous results. See how much he has won by on average. If he has been beating the second placed angler by say, 15lb. Then why not just give him a 15lb handicap for the next season. Then everyone is back to an even playing field.
He could then, either take it or leave it. If he,s a fair bloke, then i,m sure he would accept this, than rather be banned.

Here's something from aother forum that, I suspect, reinforces some of the more cynical opinions expressed in this thread.

Gents,

Let me pust this into perspective, I used to fish with this bloke in various clubs and although he is very very good and personally in my opinion I think he should fish for a team, he is not unbeatable. What the paper forgot to mention was that he finished in the money something along the lines of seventeen times out of twenty. From 'knowing' him, he is completely unapproacable and rubs shoulders with a couple of big names in angling - and no I wont drop names, but ultimately this is not club level angling.

The club in question is a fish once a fortnight and its not taken too seriously, he was asked to hold back to avoid upsetting people and I dont think going in with such an approach represents club level. Or least once in a while you would not weigh in, go for a walk, help others, etc. The hollow victory point someone mentionned above reins through - Im not knocking him for his ability or those that he fish's agaisnt.

Personally I think the club secretary and its members are being portrayed quite badly here, which is the initial view you take from reading the article that is one persons view.

He was told that he would not be fishing again next season due to the results prior to the presentation, on the clubs presentation night in February he turned up in a t-shirt spelling out his victimisation which everyone read whilst he went to collect trophies - Is this really the treatment that a club secretary and its members deserve. Add this to the paper incident and perhaps you will change your views on the 'inhumane nature'.

And no, I am not the club secretary or a member as ****e incidents like this turned me to others hobbies.

The guy used to fish in a team that won some very tough leagues when he was younger, the team included a current England international and a former double matchman of the year, he is a good angler, really not sure why he is fishing in a once a fortnight club, the choice is his.

Certainly doesn't change my mind that the bloke is a contemptible turd of the lowest order, particularly for running to the press with half a story.
The pure sporting theories didn't and, in the light of the above, don't wash with me.

Here's something from aother forum that, I suspect, reinforces some of the more cynical opinions expressed in this thread.

Certainly doesn't change my mind that the bloke is a contemptible turd of the lowest order, particularly for running to the press with half a story.

Judge [to the accused]: "You have been found by your Angling peers to be a lead-swinging, stroke-pullling, attention-seeking contemptible little turd. In light of this, I have no alternative but to impose the strongest sentence that is available to me: to become an Angling Celebrity and TV presenter, for life and without parole. Take him down."

Judge [to the accused]: "You have been found by your Angling peers to be a lead-swinging, stroke-pullling, attention-seeking contemptible little turd. In light of this, I have no alternative but to impose the strongest sentence that is available to me: to become an Angling Celebrity and TV presenter, for life and without parole. Take him down."

Answer this then Paul (and others), if this was a pool hall or card game, both where money are commonly involved, would he be considered to be sharking? Simple yes and no answers will do.

I don't need to answer anything, Chris - the guy was on the make, the club extremely p'd off by him: British Angling for you, now, whether you fish for masses of money-making tiddlers or "Excuse me whilst I kiss this fish" single slabs.

I don't need to answer anything, Chris - the guy was on the make, the club extremely p'd off by him: British Angling for you, now, whether you fish for masses of money-making tiddlers or "Excuse me whilst I kiss this fish" single slabs.

I guess I'll take that as a "yes".

1.1203545040.executionerxs-axe.jpg

What about those who after the briefest sips from the cup of angling stardom, are condemmed to wandering Cyberspace for the rest of their lives trying so desperately hard to convince people that they are an angling celebrity?

Interesting point Eddie but not sure if it would do any good. If the elected committee has decided to ban him then I wouldn't be sure there's a legal need for a reason. Unless he goes down the well trodden "human rights" road of course. Be interesting if he was an angler from an ethnic minority, then the whole scenario would change in an instant.

There certainly is a legal need. They will have a constitution, rules and a disciplinary procedure. If they haven't followed it and the guy hasn't contravened any of said rules, then I'm inclined to say they could be in trouble, if he chooses to do something about it.

There certainly is a legal need. They will have a constitution, rules and a disciplinary procedure. If they haven't followed it and the guy hasn't contravened any of said rules, then I'm inclined to say they could be in trouble, if he chooses to do something about it.

That's interesting Nathan. I wonder if we are being told the whole story here?

What about those who after the briefest sips from the cup of angling stardom, are condemmed to wandering Cyberspace for the rest of their lives trying so desperately hard to convince people that they are an angling celebrity?

Ah, the ever-obnoxious Nicepix from old BFW (remember him, chaps?), now with a name, moved to France and sniping from its backwoods. People like you are perhaps best out of British Angling.

Some people are impressed by it Clive. Then again, back in that era even Bucks Fizz had groupies :D

Cheers, Dave.

Back