• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Keith Speer on Tight Lines this Friday

I have just watched the podcast and very enjoyable it was too, Keith your a natural, well done. Pity there wasn't more time as your non-angling stories are just as interesting.

p.s the Peregrine's were at Yat rock yesterday along with a lovely lady from the RSPB with a telescope

Oy Mark!!!

"Lovely lady from RSPB with a telescope?"

You dirty boy, wash your mind out, you are FAR too young to letch!!

Leave that to us olduns!!

Be lucky!!
Keith

Not only are you a natural for the tellie, you can also string a few words together, and catch the odd barbel.

Not a bad life is it. :)

Not only are you a natural for the tellie, you can also string a few words together, and catch the odd barbel.

Not a bad life is it. :)

Well I fink some of Kiefs barbel are very odd...whatever they are, they aint barbel, 'cos barbel don't come that big. And even if they did, ya wouldn't be able to catch 'em on float tackle, I mean it stands to reason. Everyone knows that :mad:..........................:p

Go for it Keith, see if you can catch that 17+ again mate...that would make a few jaws hit the floor :D But please can you film it in black and white this time, and on BBC1....then I can watch all of it :p

No pressure at all :p

Cheers, Dave.

Keith i'm gutted i didn't get to see the programme, but i'm sure i will, and i won't miss the autumn one.
You're right to ignore the negative comments, no doubt from a few green and envious individuals who have allowed their envy to turn sour, cos i too am green and envious :D
I've said it before Keith - you are a master of your art, and i for one stand in awe of your skill with a float, and it's very very hard not to laud you up when talking about you, we all know you don't seek the limelight, but you'd better have a good pair of sunglasses mate, cos it's coming anyway !! :D:D:D

Ian.

I've just watched it and really enjoyed it, all of it, even the the eel bit. I've picked up quite a few tips there Keith and hope to put a few of them into action when I next get to the bank so thanks for that. Also looking forward to the Autumn programme.

Regards

Pete

Just caught up with Tight Lines recorded on Sky Planner ( was away last week) and must say that it was one of the best. Well done Mr Speer!

Cheers Dave.

Well at least they're prettier than your leads Crooky ! :D Just how did the willow in 63 fall over ? :p

Another session on the float sounds most intriguing. I look forward to the programme. My only caveat is that since we have had one programme on barbel float fishing why not do something a little different, for example, carp float fishing? The only other issue, as far as I can see, is to get rid of Keith Arthur. Robson Green would be the bloke to go for as the interviewer. He's a very likeable chap, good sense of humour and brings a programme to life. Apparently he's pretty keen on fish conversation which has to be good for any youngsters watching in. Dixie reckons that he is quite attractive and she likes his Geordie accent. She used to go crazy when she used to listen to Sid Waddell and got his autograph at Lakeside during one of the BDO champioships. Me, I don't like his accent that much. But anything that publicises fishing and darts has to be good.

Following on from this, I feel that the programme would benefit from some "extras". Some of us from BFW could volunteer for this role. For example, one or two of us could be filmed walking casually along the bank and stop and talk to Keith when he is fishing. It would be an opportunity for the "extras" to share their knowledge with the audience and provide added input to the programme making it look more natural. During the bank-side conversation, the subject of otters and cormorants could be brought up, what a major problem they are and, how they need to be controlled. This would make the public more aware of these threats to our fishing. If the programme was going really well then the subject of EEs poaching fish could be raised. Should there be a third programme,the bankside conversations could be extended to signal krays, mutten crabs, grey squirrels and other imported problems.

Another session on the float sounds most intriguing. I look forward to the programme. My only caveat is that since we have had one programme on barbel float fishing why not do something a little different, for example, carp float fishing? The only other issue, as far as I can see, is to get rid of Keith Arthur. Robson Green would be the bloke to go for as the interviewer. He's a very likeable chap, good sense of humour and brings a programme to life. Apparently he's pretty keen on fish conversation which has to be good for any youngsters watching in. Dixie reckons that he is quite attractive and she likes his Geordie accent. She used to go crazy when she used to listen to Sid Waddell and got his autograph at Lakeside during one of the BDO champioships. Me, I don't like his accent that much. But anything that publicises fishing and darts has to be good.

Following on from this, I feel that the programme would benefit from some "extras". Some of us from BFW could volunteer for this role. For example, one or two of us could be filmed walking casually along the bank and stop and talk to Keith when he is fishing. It would be an opportunity for the "extras" to share their knowledge with the audience and provide added input to the programme making it look more natural. During the bank-side conversation, the subject of otters and cormorants could be brought up, what a major problem they are and, how they need to be controlled. This would make the public more aware of these threats to our fishing. If the programme was going really well then the subject of EEs poaching fish could be raised. Should there be a third programme,the bankside conversations could be extended to signal krays, mutten crabs, grey squirrels and other imported problems.

Sounds good to me Jim....a couple of verses of 'Two little fishies' for the intro, with RG starting off with his explanation of how 99% of all hooked fish actually die after they are returned to the water. What a great ambassador for our hobby the man is . I admire him enormously...you have to give credit to anyone who can move the way he does, despite having one foot stuck permanently in his mouth. It's even more inspirational when you consider that he manages it all without a brain.

Another thought for possible added content could be some feel-good footage of EE's enjoying a bank-side family barbecue, with oak smoked otter, sautéed swan, devilled duckling and braised bream, all washed down with a tinny or two of a decent vintage Special Brew. You could finish off with some heart rending shots of the enormous thought and effort that many of them put in to the placement of their 'bank 'n bush' decorations....a breathtaking sight.

I think we could be on to a winner here mate.

Cheers, Dave.

Sounds good to me Jim....a couple of verses of 'Two little fishies' for the intro, with RG starting off with his explanation of how 99% of all hooked fish actually die after they are returned to the water. What a great ambassador for our hobby the man is . I admire him enormously...you have to give credit to anyone who can move the way he does, despite having one foot stuck permanently in his mouth. It's even more inspirational when you consider that he manages it all without a brain.

Another thought for possible added content could be some feel-good footage of EE's enjoying a bank-side family barbecue, with oak smoked otter, sautéed swan, devilled duckling and braised bream, all washed down with a tinny or two of a decent vintage Special Brew. You could finish off with some heart rending shots of the enormous thought and effort that many of them put in to the placement of their 'bank 'n bush' decorations....a breathtaking sight.

I think we could be on to a winner here mate.

Cheers, Dave.

Dave, who is RG?

Must agree with Dave, Robson green does nothing for fishing at all and to be honest he is making fishermen look like proper idiots who kill and eat everything.
And who is Keith Speer never heard of him.
Andy

Dave, who is RG?

Dunno mate, switched channels after the first episode of his 'how to get angling banned' series of programmes and now have a disgust induced mental block which prevents me from remembering his name. However, his name is mentioned on several other post's on this thread. Should you wish to run the risk of destroying you faith in human nature, I am sure there will be repeats of his shows on Sky somewhere.....

:p

Cheers, Dave.

Jesus Ian...you didn't let him climb the tree did you :eek:

:p

Cheers, Dave.

No Dave, he always gets me to do that sort of thing :p - but maybe you've hit the nail on the head ! maybe he had a go himself, and together with the weight of his leads in the tree it proved too much :eek:

Back