• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Keith Speer on Tight Lines this Friday

I don't have Sky Sports 3&4, but it was scheduled for 4am 0n SS2, set record and what do I get "3$5"^ GOLF!!!! So very +++++ off :mad:
Sky changed their scheduling!!!!!

Same as me Neil - looking forward to watching it this morning - PGA golf :mad:
Really annoyed, as they're not repeating it again :mad:
Damn, damn, damn :(

Same as me Neil - looking forward to watching it this morning - PGA golf :mad:
Really annoyed, as they're not repeating it again :mad:
Damn, damn, damn :(

We will be able to watch the Pod Cast shortened version, but that's a real compromise, 'complained' to Sky but seems poinless, however at least it makes me feel a tad better.
The one thing I wanted to watch........:mad::mad::mad:

Didn't get a chance to watch Tight Lines until last night,and have made that a "Keep" on my Sky+ box.You're a natural Keith and hope you get invited back again.What a beautiful stretch of river you fished on,you must be very proud of the result of the time and effort you've invested over the years.
Well done ,a must watch for all anglers.

Well in Keith , missed your clinic on the trent but you put my mind at rest with your way of joining the hooklink to the mainline , I tried using small swivels but wasnt happy and so used the long loop to loop as well , like the small throwing stick and might have to try and knock one up .

Keith, that program you looked totally relaxed and in my opinion it was both entertaining and interesting in a very relxed manner, a total success,informing, nice live catch shots and 2 anglers telling us in their own way the subtle differences in their way of fishing:):):)

Thanks to Brian's link , I have seen at least some of Keith's brilliant spot on Tight Lines....absolutely superb. All the praise in all the post's on this thread are spot on. The two Keith's, both superb anglers, presented an exciting, informative and amusing show, which was a great advert for angling. Our Keith was an absolute natural, and I don't think I have ever picked up so many tips, in such a short time, in my entire life....I enjoyed every second of it. More please Mr.Speer...I could have watched that all day. Fanbloodytastic mate :D

Cheers, Dave.

Excellent Keith. One hour of tv flew by minutes.

WE WANT MORE!

Get your agent to talk to Andy about an appearance on the BFW Video Channel. :D

Just watched the Podcast, what can I say, great, , informative, entertaining, and I think very well put together, now , where is my float rod

Dave

Many thanks for the link, Brian. I enjoyed it too. Keith was great. Probably spoilt a little bit for me by that bore, hosting the programme, butting in all the time when Keith was trying to make some really good points. Nor did I want to see "mine host" catching fish, it was Keith's day, Keith's tactics etc. Sometimes, these presenters just forget that the guest is the star of the show. How Keith managed to control himself is beyond belief, most normal people would have lent over and chinned the presenter.

Thoroughly enjoyed that. Seeing the Lea on camera demonstrated fantastically the vast differences in the rivers that many talk about in comparison to those I fish.

Many thanks for the link, Brian. I enjoyed it too. Keith was great. Probably spoilt a little bit for me by that bore, hosting the programme, butting in all the time when Keith was trying to make some really good points. Nor did I want to see "mine host" catching fish, it was Keith's day, Keith's tactics etc. Sometimes, these presenters just forget that the guest is the star of the show. How Keith managed to control himself is beyond belief, most normal people would have lent over and chinned the presenter.

Remind me again why BFW is disliked my many ?

Thank's for the link, very interesting, but I do think the criitics on here are being a bit harsh on Keith Arthur, besides it was the shortened version on the pod-cast so who knows what went on in the full version:rolleyes:
But how on earth if you were Keith Arthur, do you not have a 'dabble' yourself?.
Exactly.:)

Last edited:
Thanks, Albert the voice of reason. I can't understand why for the life of me why Mick should think BFW is disliked by anyone. I would like to think that that 99.9% of the Forum participants like BFW posts. Sure there may be small differences of opinion from time to time, but that's healthy. We are on the Forum because of a common bond, fish and stuff. And I can understand Neil's comment about the presenter wanting to get in on the act, perfectly reasonable, but off camera. Nor did I want to hear the presenter banging on about how he did things, his shotting pattern, his hooks, how he tied loops. That Presenter guy was a complete waste of space, if he knew so much, he would have his own programme. Why was he showing us stuff that didn't work, like his loops etc. I wanted to learn how Keith Speer did things. Even after Keith had shown him how to rest a barbel, it seemed to go in one ear and out the other. First fish the Presenter caught was immediately hauled out. Ok, may be I did go over the top about chinning the Presenter, but he deserved some sort of physical violence.

Ok, may be I did go over the top about chinning the Presenter, but he deserved some sort of physical violence.[/QUOTE]

You just brightened up my bank holiday weekend....:D

Back