• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Ikonix centre pin reel

I brought one from the AT offer a few months ago....

Not got round to using it yet, but it out spins my Purist, and looks nice.

Perfect for trotting, margin work or Barbel.....

Think I'll get a second, while they are around at that price......

Steve

Hi men ,

I got two of the £30 angling times jobbies . For the amount of time Im going to be using it , then I thought it was worth a punt. Does what it should do . It has been used for trotting a stick for Roach and Dace with no problem , will deff do for Barbel .

Im a engineer , I know its not posh £300 bit of kit , but it does what it says on the tin . Someone even commented on the bank what a nice looking reel , he should have known better ;););):D.

Steve , are you going to show me the rolling way with it , you know where ?

Hatter

I've got one....and it's a good reel.

Not one for the snobs and tarts but there's already a market for them.....the higher end. I wonder if they catch any more fish? (no answers required, the question's merely rhetorical) :)

i had the X PIN OR THE TF mark on mine, i hated that so i rubbed it off, it's now a centrepin with no name, i wish i could do that with all my reels.

got one off angling times a few weeks ago and used it a few times and its great for trotting on the Dee very smooth running.Im a novice on the centre pin so just learning to cast properly had a few birds nests but im having great fun with it for £30 worth every penny:)

Might sneak one past "guard" this week. Daft question: do you load it with 100 yards of line for ledgering and just tie end of line to reel for loading up...?

Thanks mucker, I only put 50 yards on my Abu 501 as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
ordered on monday night and arrived by courier this morning, cant complain at all with the price or the service provided by dragoncarp and the reel is quite decent too ;) well worth the £36.

Spoke to 2 of the lads who work at Dragon Carp/ Used Tackle at my kickboxing class last night, new delivery came in yesterday and they're flying off the shelfs!

I normally slate their stuff but i'm tempted to get one myself!

Trevor

Mine arrived in a day and a half awesome service...

You lot have made my mind up for me and I'm definately gonna get one, though at that price I could get two and keep one for trotting and the other spooled with 10 or 12lb mono for barbel legering and carp float work.

I've got my 40th birthday in March and was contemplating an expensive pin like a Youngs that I could treasure but why spend £250 + on an ' occasional use ' reel when I could get some nice rods instead.

It's got to make sense ;).

D.

I just recieved one of these reels from Dragon too with the same fast delivery...

Speaking as someone with a weakness for pins they are excellent value. It would cost the average man in the street £10 + just for the bearings.

A further plus not already mentioned is that the handles are removable Which for me is a prefered mod for light trotting.

Only 2 minor complaints so far. The solid spool is a little heavy and the rachet could fall easier to hand but for the price its very good.

Having done this today on my trusty old Harlow.
908051110.jpg

Decided to order one of them too, need another pin for different line strengths.

Fished high Dane today & got loads of "washing" on line. Would Dragon reel start spinning with water pressure on line or does it have a drag...?

Back