• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Ikonix centre pin reel

Take it easy Colnesters :rolleyes:

Wasn't questioning your identification dave...just pointing out that it was £12 cheaper on fleabay than on the site originally posted :D

Cheers, Dave.
no worrys dave,
when you think fishtec were selling them for £100 a couple of years ago, now £50.00, how much to make?.....:eek:

Cheers George I already had one from Dragon carp, then they run out with the AT advert. Now just ordered another cracking value.
Clive

Wow that's cheap!

But is it worth it?
Mate of mine bought a couple of rods from Dragon carp, which looked ok on the site, but turned out to be awful!

I just bought one on the recommendation from a good friend, who is centrepin daft & I mean daft 60 and counting in his collection. I dont normally go for new centrepins I prefer the old pins apart from my adcocks but he talks highly of it and for £30 its a good working reel and wont break the bank, gets the thumbs up from me :)

Absolutely:)

Ordered mine from Dragon last week after seeing them in the AT at £30 and thought that they looked like the Ikonix etc. It'll be my first 'pin assuming that it arrives of course!

Ordered mine from Dragon last week after seeing them in the AT at £30 and thought that they looked like the Ikonix etc. It'll be my first 'pin assuming that it arrives of course!

I wouldnt worry about that Ive bought from Dragondirect in the past and had no problems with them.:)
I never saw the AT report on them did it say much??

Last edited:
Wow that's cheap!

But is it worth it?
Mate of mine bought a couple of rods from Dragon carp, which looked ok on the site, but turned out to be awful!

yes its a X pin ,not a inferior copy or lookie likee ,its a x-pin ,but they cant call it that ,even though tf-gear no longer sell x-pins (no longer a exclusive design) and x-pin is their brand name ,probably copyrighted ,so they're marketed as ikonix ,rodger at dragoncarp has obviously buying from the same wholesaler but didn't like the ikonix name so has his engraved with a italian name too tie in with the avanti brand ,but its still a X pin ,so its as good as a X pin ,which is a good reel and at rodgers prices makes it a very good reel .if rodger can sell them for £30 and make a profit ,then how much profit are some of the e-bay speculators making selling ikonix branded reels .

The Chairman on Tuesday

But what, I ask, is in a name when one wouldn't have one at any price?

As ever,

B.B.

Back