• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Hardy Marksman rod discussion

Thanks Tim. I have had a look and yes indeed there are some bargains for a fisherman. For me, I take the rods made up so the tube and sleeve stayed at home. To get top money though the rods have to be complete. The 2 which caught my eye are the barbel and an avon. They are sold without both tube and sleeve but are good buys inho. The barbel description is maybe a little wrong. There was a twin tip barbel, which I have never seen and a 2lb barbel. Took me to 2 years to find the 2lb. I thought a bit stout. If memory serves it was a 3 pce but will check as I have the pages from the catalogue. I thought the barbel twin was a 2 pce. But anyway, if I was after either, they are shop soiled at worst and not expensive.
The barbel caught my eye as well, the price is ok, but without tube and bag etc, emmm, still considering.

The barbel caught my eye as well, the price is ok, but without tube and bag etc, emmm, still considering.
If it's the rod u want, I dont think it's dear. If it were complete it would be twice as much. But we fish with the rod not the tube or sleeve!. Is the price quoted delivered? If so yes a good price! Has any member got the twin tip barbel ? .

If it's the rod u want, I dont think it's dear. If it were complete it would be twice as much. But we fish with the rod not the tube or sleeve!. Is the price quoted delivered? If so yes a good price! Has any member got the twin tip barbel ? .
I am currently after a float rod I want, I will get the hardy Avon if the I can’t get the float rod.

This is a 12ft hardy marksman supero barbel rod....

I have a pair of them, still never used them yet due to being obsessed with float fishing.
That's brilliant thank you Ian. A true 3 piece? I tried with bobco where I got my ext float but they wouldn't budge. They were around 350. I have the catalogue page if you would like it. Just pm me.

I am currently after a float rod I want, I will get the hardy Avon if the I can’t get the float rod.

What float rod you afrer HZ?

That's brilliant thank you Ian. A true 3 piece? I tried with bobco where I got my ext float but they wouldn't budge. They were around 350. I have the catalogue page if you would like it. Just pm me.

Yup, the rod is 3 sections in the solid top configuration.
When set up as a quiver tip it has the but section, normal mid section, then a carrier section for the tips, it's a very neat set up which looks and feels fantastic.

What float rod you afrer HZ?

Yup, the rod is 3 sections in the solid top configuration.
When set up as a quiver tip it has the but section, normal mid section, then a carrier section for the tips, it's a very neat set up which looks and feels fantastic.
Great I always wondered. I have a sportex 3 pce quiver 12ft so can imagine it, clearly.

I had one of the pre production prototypes in emerald green. I paid 150 for that. Wonderful rod. Sold it to a good pal who wanted it.
Not sure which one I had but in a tf gear rod pod ( about 50£) bag it fitted perfectly. I have 2 if u want one.

A rod is the wrong word here, sorry. It’s a daiwa japan whip, 12ft. Thinking of going back to how I started fishing recently.
Some of those Japanese made whips are insane and some of the fish they haul on them are immense.

100% carbon kings over there. Sooooooooo much better than a lot of the rubbish we have imported here.

Some of those Japanese made whips are insane and some of the fish they haul on them are immense.

100% carbon kings over there. Sooooooooo much better than a lot of the rubbish we have imported here.
Yes, the carbon they use in Japan is not available in uk. But these whips are also extremely expensive. I managed to get a deal, but that still almost cost me more than 2 acolytes.

Yes, the carbon they use in Japan is not available in uk. But these whips are also extremely expensive. I managed to get a deal, but that still almost cost me more than 2 acolytes.
It was available in the form of carbotec 20 years ago but your right, since then we’ve seen nothing that even comes close to it’s strength and antilock properties

Back