• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Grayling

Looking to fish the Twyford Meads free section of the Itchen. Can anyone help on were to park and access this stretch and is the fishing on the east or west bank.

Had 20 odd grayling today. Not big, all around a pound. Much better fish to be had but happy to catch. Had 8 chub to 4lb as well. Perfect on the 'pin and light line. Can't beat it.

Good Morning all, unfortunately my first post isn't about barbel, but grayling. Over in the uk in feb, any opinions as to whether the Itchen fishery will still be worth a visit, or has it been overfished, our previous feb visits have always found it very hard[ incomparison]
with earlier in the season.

Graham

Thanks a lot fellas.

Steve it was from the upper River Dane. Some HUGE dace in here as well that have yet eluded me.

Can't beat river fishing. Im definitely taking a some lightish swim feeder gear next time. Nice to get a feel for a river roving with the trotting gear though. Anyway, time to shut up. :p

Had a few hours Urban Fishing in Sheffield today. The grayling were plentiful, albeit only around 8 - 10oz, but this turned up in a deep run. Wonder what it would weigh in a couple of months when it gets back in condition?

Trout-Hillsborough.jpg

I was convinced that I'd hooked a barbel until I got it to the net.

I'm off to the Don next weekend. Day 1: Grayling and many out of season Trout:(
Day 2: Possibly my first Don barbel, who knows!.

Hi all . havent been out in ages due to losing my motivation after doing a feature for the Times. I havent hered the river taff mentioned in this thread. It has to be one of the best grayling rivers i have ever fished and i have fished the test etc. cant upload any photos at the moment but their are a few in my personal gallery that should be of some interest to you lads. The barbel normally hog the limelight but the grayling are equally as impressive

Had a nice day on the Dorset Frome trotting for Grayling today. Had about a dozen fish 50-50 Trout and Grayling topped with this lovely 2lb 4oz beauty!
FishingPics007.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Excellent fish well played.

Pictures excellent Keith don't worry.

Nice one Nathan looks a cracker.

Back