• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Grayling

You risk a sprinkling of lead shot if you try and fish at Little Hereford camp site. Private fishing. :D.
I always assumed that the campsite sold tickets there, including to holiday makers, ill equipped for fly fishing, during the coarse close season;), has something changed Will.........
Mag and Wag, on the Teme! Almost heresy:D, some would say that a stick float is bad enough...they would be tutting and grumbling in the Orvis shop:)

Robbed from that Grayling website Oh my!
191111b1.jpg
wow................that is some fish.

The world record for grayling is nearly six pounds, from Canada. Never seen a picture of that fish, anyone have one?
Not sure what the UK record is, around 4 pounds?
My biggest was 2 1/2, caught quite a few just over the 2 lb mark, but I don't think grayling are that long lived, so getting the real big ones, over 3 lb is always a major achievement in my book, up there with a 3 lb roach from a river.

Some cracking Arctic grayling here

Wow ! But I really don't think that they are as pretty as 'our' Grayling !?
The stunners for me are that Char and the 'Brookie' beautiful fish !
I'm sure that I read somewhere that they grow to around the 7lbs mark in Austria !?
I believe that the British Record is 4lbs 3ozs. I do know of a genuine 4lbs plus caught a few years back..............The river will remain anonymous !
Any Grayling over 2lbs is a pretty special fish !!!!!

I do so want to catch one of these
This-is-a-really-BIG-Arctic-Grayling.jpg

some one lend me the ticket money?

I'm up for the fish-in lads if anyone can sort it. Hopefully the date will not clash with work!
For the last few seasons i've been promising myself a few trips after these lovely fish.....this could be just the ticket!!

Steve

Graying Fishing around Reading?

Hello,
Wonder if anyone could recommend any day ticket stretches on the Kennet that it would be worth fishing for Grayling? happy to drive an hour to get there if necessary.

Cheers in advance.

Dave

David, Barton Court is the only reasonable place you'll find, not the quality of the Test or Itchen but there still a good few grayling to make a day's sport, lots of dace, perch and trout too, oh, and some monster pike

Hi men,

Dave , I will be in touch and see if we can arrange a day to meet up there . Fished it a couple of times .

Hatter

Hello Fellas,

Just Hijacking the thread temporarily to ask, whats the lightest b/s hooklength you would go down to for grayling? Presuming the water is reasonably pacey and they are pound fish with the chance of a two?

My first season after them so I dont want to go undergunned...

Thank you :)

Back