• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Grayling

Not a minute. Been fishing for them all "summer" (...and I use that word in the loosest sense!) and it's been spot on for them including a new PB of 2-11 on July 30th.

Doesn't count, I'm still showering off my self loathing of catching them whilst wearing a T shirt last november. I was wearing the t shirt..not the...you know.

Hit 8degrees yesterday that'll do!

Going to fish the stour and royalty mid oct for perch, But while im down there fancy a bit of grayling action.
fished the frome on a private stretch last year with Pete Reading, just wondered if there was any other known day tickets around that neck of the woods that hold a decent amount of grayling?

After temps hitting 2deg C in the North East this weekend the time for ladies is approaching. I have been meaning to give it a serious try for a few years now but things have always conspired against me. Some great stretches locally and a stocking my the EA last season.

Stuart, i'd be happy to join you one morning if its cold enough, it has been a particular target of mine to catch a decent tees or swale grayling. There's a few stretches i have in mind at the moment...

First try for the ladies today on the upper reaches of the Tees. Lovely day to be out ( and off work) and I finally managed to land a small one after bumping off half a dozen. I was fishing with a mate who managed a dozen fish, the best about 1lb and he lost a better one during the day. Had a few problems with tangles using the pin but I just put that down to part of the learning process and enjoyed the control it offered when trotting. Can't wait for the next session and have promised to take my son along.as he has been on the stretch we fished before and is keen to return.

Stuart I used to bump off loads of grayling but then I changed my hook to a kamasan B983. Now I hardly lose any. Try a 16 or 14 with 2 red maggots.
geoff

Thanks for the tip Geoff, I was using pre tied kamasan animals in size 18 perhaps it was hook size as well but from reading this thread and other I know they are notorious for bumping off.

Back