• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Grayling

Fished the Frome for the last time this season today (Game syndicate start again 1st Feb) struggled for a bite on the float so switched to the feeder and hooked 4 fish but dropped 2 of them:(
Re-acquainted myself with this old warhorse which I think could be the same fish as the previous post but not sure! Anyway it weighed 2lb 6oz so not a bad fish to finish with:)

KeithrhfishingPictures054.jpg
[/IMG]

I re-sized this pic so don't know why it appear so big???

Last edited:
Just had a couple of hours on the Dee, managed 6 grayling to around the pound mark and bumped 2 others. Strangely the bites got more tentative as the sun got lower, some of them would have made canal roach bites seem savage!

Hi All (Nathan & Geoff you know the stretch ;)),

Fished The Upper Avon today.............

River well up from last time and carrying a little colour.........Strangely the going was MUCH harder !

Managed 20+ Grayling to around the pound mark, the usual rouge Brownies and 2 lovely Dace (lost another 'Clonker') !!!!

Had to work VERY hard for bites...........My favourite swims didn't produce........But a nice carrier did (especially the fast shallow swims !).

Still, a great day and never tire of the fight these fantastic fish give !

Regards Paul M.

Well done Paul. Had two very good trips ;) there recently but sounds like the river has coloured up again a bit which always makes things a bit more difficult for the Grayling.

Geoff

Cannot wait.

I feel a couple of pints of maggots and a Richmond ticket coming on. A nostalgic trip to Grayling Flats.

Back