• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

For those who use bite alarms

with short lengths of scaffolding pole

I hate to be pedantic Richard, but the technical term for these is "putlogs" :D

Well yes and no.......The definition has been lost in time, archaeologists will refer to the holes which the horizontal logs were placed into as putlogs and the logs themselves as locks, hence the term putlock but tbh it would be pedantic to argue the point.

When you think about it putlocks makes more sense, but putlogs is still the spelling used for scaffolding. Great how this thread's evolving :)

Thanks for the reply Mike. Thats your opinion and I respect that. But this is what a forum is about, to express your opinion and debate the whys and what nots of the subject. What I dont respect os the aggressive or mocking posts. Its not a good example for any young people looking in.

Tight line's for the opening season

Patrick

Given your claim that all who use centre pins for barbel are irresponsible anglers, what sort of replies do you expect, for heavens sake?

It also says "Please do not challenge our moderating decisions on the forum. Any comment or grievance regarding any moderation on the site should be directed to andyf@barbel.co.uk."

Steve,

It is not your decisions I would seek to challenge; it is the lack of action. People who post racist junk and incite people to commit acts of gross violence should be banned from BFW without exception. Not to do so implies that the site agrees with them politically, and that is harmful to BFW and angling as a whole.

Dean thats handy to know, next time I move you can help me pack my boxes ;-)

Steve,

It is not your decisions I would seek to challenge; it is the lack of action. People who post racist junk and incite people to commit acts of gross violence should be banned from BFW without exception. Not to do so implies that the site agrees with them politically, and that is harmful to BFW and angling as a whole.

Personally I didn't see anything wrong with the threads, or maybe I missed the points you are referring to...

Of course, if it happened to upset some of the more 'sensitive' souls reading the thread, then I'm assuming those upset by such comments would have used the 'report' button that is on every post on every thread.
That way you could alerted all the mods and site owner to these heinous crimes....

I'm not sure how you have come to the conclusion that by no moderator taking action that you deem to be 'racist junk', that 'incite people to commit acts of gross violence' implys that BFW agrees with such comments.
I once again I direct you to the bfw rules and in particular the one I've quoted below....

"All posts are the sole responsibility of the author and BFW accept no responsibility for libelous or defamatory comments posted anywhere on this site."

Oh and one last thought... As you seem to be a knowledgable and trustworthy BFW'er, who spends more than your fair share of you time on the site, maybe you should offer your services as a moderator to Andy Francis.

Then you could help rid bfw of such rasist and violent posts...

Steve

Personally I didn't see anything wrong with the threads, or maybe I missed the points you are referring to...

Of course, if it happened to upset some of the more 'sensitive' souls reading the thread, then I'm assuming those upset by such comments would have used the 'report' button that is on every post on every thread.
That way you could alerted all the mods and site owner to these heinous crimes....

I'm not sure how you have come to the conclusion that by no moderator taking action that you deem to be 'racist junk', that 'incite people to commit acts of gross violence' implys that BFW agrees with such comments.
I once again I direct you to the bfw rules and in particular the one I've quoted below....

"All posts are the sole responsibility of the author and BFW accept no responsibility for libelous or defamatory comments posted anywhere on this site."

I didn't know about the report thing, thanks for that.

Steve,

where is this racist junk and incetive to gross violence? Are you one of these people who takes every expression of anger and frustration totally literally? You actually sound like the politically correct zealots who leap on every utterance made in jest or frustration and assume the perpetrator is serious. Try to understand Richard, if someone says fish poachers should be flogged, it is much more likely to be a way of venting frustration than actually recommending a dose of the birch. It is this sort of humourless, deadly serious take on every utterance that has put the country in the PC straitjacket it's now in, all done up nice and tight by the likes of the loathsome Harriet Harman and her ilk. :mad:

Steve,

Richard- let him without sin.....

One of yours back in March under the shooting stick thread:

"Tim,

For what its worth I think the above product is best for roving, it strikes the right balance between lightness, comfort and ease of transport. In addition you are going to look a right wally on the bank with what looks like a pole sticking out of your a**e. By the way I am referring to the shaft of the shooting stick and not an East European.............................."

_______

"Tim,

For what its worth I think the above product is best for roving, it strikes the right balance between lightness, comfort and ease of transport. In addition you are going to look a right wally on the bank with what looks like a pole sticking out of your a**e. By the way I am referring to the shaft of the shooting stick and not an East European.............................."

_______

:D:D:D:D:D:D Brilliant!!

Well, what a novelty, usually it's the floppy hatters slating the baitrunner/bite alarm users. This one has managed to turn that on its head and the pinheads don't seem to like being branded irresponsible much, fancy that.;):D

Is the closed season finished soon?:confused::rolleyes:

"Tim,

_______

What you've done there is misinterpreted the post. Theres a wealth of sarcasm behind it due to others posting what Richard felt were stereotypical thoughts about eastern European anglers In other threads.

where is this racist junk and incetive to gross violence? Are you one of these people who takes every expression of anger and frustration totally literally? You actually sound like the politically correct zealots who leap on every utterance made in jest or frustration and assume the perpetrator is serious. Try to understand Richard, if someone says fish poachers should be flogged, it is much more likely to be a way of venting frustration than actually recommending a dose of the birch. It is this sort of humourless, deadly serious take on every utterance that has put the country in the PC straitjacket it's now in, all done up nice and tight by the likes of the loathsome Harriet Harman and her ilk. :mad:

From bite alarms to Harriet Harman , you couldn't make it up . Priceless !:D

Oh and one last thought... As you seem to be a knowledgable and trustworthy BFW'er, who spends more than your fair share of you time on the site, maybe you should offer your services as a moderator to Andy Francis.

Then you could help rid bfw of such rasist and violent posts...

Steve

Steve,

What an excellent idea, I believe I have all the qualities and experience needed to make a contribution to the moderating of BFW. People need to remember that this is an open forum and as such the way we conduct ourselves is open to public scrutiny.

When do I start?

Back