• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Food!

If i go on the bank dont trouble yourselfs trying to carry me roll me in the river and i become a good flood swim! Any food left split amongst all of you!

Are you OK Mate? Just had a look at the EA site and it looks like someone of your stature fell in at about 2am this morning!! :D
picture.php

Booster biscuits on special at Spar...just thought you lot seemed the types to appreciate a decent high energy quality snack.....one tip, if you have soaked pellets in some stuff a mate gave to you that is guaranteed to attract fish, don't then eat a booster biscuit after putting one on the hair.:eek:

Booster biscuits on special at Spar...just thought you lot seemed the types to appreciate a decent high energy quality snack.....one tip, if you have soaked pellets in some stuff a mate gave to you that is guaranteed to attract fish, don't then eat a booster biscuit after putting one on the hair.:eek:

Ahhh no....not that 'female pheromone' thing again was it Pete :D:D:D

Cheers, Dave.

P.S.

I know I am going to regret this, but what the hell are 'Booster biscuits' :confused:

Ahhh no....not that 'female pheromone' thing again was it Pete :D:D:D

Cheers, Dave.

P.S.

I know I am going to regret this, but what the hell are 'Booster biscuits' :confused:
Who knows what the concoction contained, smelt awful...I have some strange mates and seemed to have acquired quite a collection of mysterious bottles of stuff of late....can't say they make any difference, but they keep last years pellets going for another year!
The female pheromone thing only works on flies doesn't it? I always get my missus to leave any fly I tie in her knicker drawer for a couple of nights.....
I suggest you hurry on down to your nearest spar to try the delights of the Booster before they are all gone. Doing a fine line in Mattocks Tea Cakes as well, which are considered a luxury item up in Scotland apparently.

Having your feet and legs amputated will certainly restrict the number of accessible swims! In the long term diabetes isn't just about having insulin injections.

I am aware of that David, it's about control. Being insulin dependent myself I am aware of possible outcomes if the problem is ignored, but it certainly doesn't stop me fishing or living a perfectly normal life.

Make sure you retreive all your flies as there could be a painfull peircing on the !:eek:
She has long learnt to live with the risks...as well as never opening sealed boxes in the fridge. I have also been forced to use the old wahing machine in the garage for all fishing apparel after apparently ruining her best clothes. No consideration some women, she got all annoyed when I explained that in fact putting all that smelly fabric conditioner in with my waistcoat had removed the fish attractors that had taken many years to build up. These attractors also ensure I get to the front of the bar in crowded pubs and a seat all to myself on trains. Women 'eh:(

I take a tip from the Poles and take a nice lump of smoked sausage and a big hunk of home made bread, it's really satisfying and beats all the sugary, fatty, tinned and dehydrated stuff I used to take.

I take a tip from the Poles and take a nice lump of smoked sausage and a big hunk of home made bread, it's really satisfying and beats all the sugary, fatty, tinned and dehydrated stuff I used to take.

That's their bait you idiot! :rolleyes:

Back