• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

flyfishing day.

Hobby.

Get well soon my old Pal. Hobbling Hobby for as few weeks then?

Yes always guys that wanted to fill these days out. Remember the hailstones as big as Gobstoppers! Then clear sky and bright sun 10 mins after.

ATB Hobby.

Graham

Always loved these days and learnt how to cast a fly for the first time. Fly fish a bit over here now thanks to that (and catch more than the locals)

Hi Pa. Good to hear from you.

Also splendid day when we turned up for you last Thames foray at Windsor. Wished you well then and hope all gone to plan for you in the US of A.

Get well soon my old Pal. Hobbling Hobby for as few weeks then?

Yes I'am Graham.

Got to be a little careful as I'am away off to spain with twocanes on the 24th April. Got to have the sitches trimmed on the 1st April ..... Typical :)

Looking back through those past fly fishing days its fair to say you chaps had a good craic. Did I spy Mr Whiting :D

Graham, please can you add Tim to the list. He's my work colleague and part-time fishing buddy. He also knows Farmoor very well and can help with casting/advice to enable me to ensure I catch one more than you. :p ;)

Hi Paul. I think its the expertise that lets me down rather than casting!

I think then thats
PAUL. TIM. GRAHAM. STEVE. MARK C. RICH R. HOWARD.

MIssed anyone?

Will try get a group discount for us .

Last chance for anymore?

Graham

Yes that's mr. Whiting and quite a few bfw originals.

Looking back through those past fly fishing days its fair to say you chaps had a good craic. Did I spy Mr Whiting :D

Graham, please can you add Tim to the list. He's my work colleague and part-time fishing buddy. He also knows Farmoor very well and can help with casting/advice to enable me to ensure I catch one more than you. :p ;)

He won't have time Paul as he will become my new best friend teaching me how to cast.

Looking forward to it.

Howard

Hi Paul. I think its the expertise that lets me down rather than casting!

I think then thats
PAUL. TIM. GRAHAM. STEVE. MARK C. RICH R. HOWARD.

MIssed anyone?

Will try get a group discount for us .

Last chance for anymore?

Graham

Yes that's mr. Whiting and quite a few bfw originals.

How about Rod and Clive as both expressed an interest?

New lines arrived so I have a few spare. Better get tying. :)

Well to summarise.

Howard needs A complete set of gear.

Mark needs a reel ( I have a spare rod for him)

Richard needs a reel as well (he has a rod)

Can we sort the 2 reels and a complete set between Steve, Paul and Tim?

Graham

I can definitely provide a complete spare set. Will be having a good sort out at the weekend and will let you know if I find anything else.

Steve

Well to summarise.

Howard needs A complete set of gear.

Mark needs a reel ( I have a spare rod for him)

Richard needs a reel as well (he has a rod)

Can we sort the 2 reels and a complete set between Steve, Paul and Tim?

Graham

Oh, I feel bad now. Please can everyone let me know their favourite type of sugary sweet/biscuit/cake/chocky. I just want to do my bit.

Likewise I have a complete set spare and could potentially make a third with limited line choice. I'll have a sort out this weekend and confirm.

Would be helpful if gents could pick up some leader material though, as we'll get through it I guarantee you.

7lb Fulling Mill F/carbon on 50 metre spools I prefer.

Fulling Mill Fluorocarbon Tippet Material

They do sell it at the Farmoor shop if you don't get a chance.

Howard, something savoury for me please. :D

Last edited:
I will bring 100 mts of it Paul and another spool with 30 yards on.

AND the novice that catches the most or in the event of tie biggest fish can have a diawa 10ft whisker 7\8 weight rod to take home.

Howard. Cheese and beetroot sandwich please.;):D

Graham

Last edited:
Not wishing to take advantage of this admirable thread, but,..[ Howard maybe?] or any other novice fluff chuckers are welcome to collect, for a giveaway price my Hardy Richard Walker Superlite 9' -7-8 fly rod.
I will also chuck in a couple of reels.
The rod is in good nick, except the pushover on the top section would benefit from being re-whipped,..but can still be used.
The rod has it's original cloth bag.
I don't flyfish so it would be good for the rod to go to a good home.
How does £65.00 sound?
Buyer collects [10mins. off of junction 8 of M25 ]

dave-taylor-albums-dropbox-picture4979-2014-03-28-20-45-46.jpg

dave-taylor-albums-dropbox-picture4978-2014-03-28-20-45-34.jpg

dave-taylor-albums-dropbox-picture4977-2014-03-28-20-45-12.jpg

Sorry to gatecrash your thread Graham,..I hope you don't mind.:eek::eek:

Last edited:
Cheers Dave.

Mark will be coming from Kent so it might be handy. I will let him Know your kind offer.

Nick, yes you are confused.

Graham

Thanks Graham
I don't wheel and deal in tackle,..I;m just trying to sort out items of fishing gear that I don't use.
The flyfishing gear was given to me by my late governor who was a member of the S&TA and a keen stillwater trout fisherman.
I thought I might try my hand some day but never got round to it!

I forgot to mention that there are also 80 odd flys and 22 unused Fulling Mill pike flys to go as well. As my boss passed away 10 years ago they will not be modern patterns.

dave-taylor-albums-dropbox-picture4980-2014-03-29-07-37-15.jpg

Dave T:)

Last edited:
Stock-take completed. I have a complete spare outfit comprising rod and reel with floating line (8wt). I also have two other rods that are usable if someone has reels/line. Hopefully with the warmer weather the trout will be looking upwards and floating lines/buzzers will be the order of the day.

Steve

Back