• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Flask recs please

Thermos do a 1.8 litre flask keeps hot for 12 hours .... and it does ! After 8 hours of use and 1/3 of a flask left I'd give you a tenner if you could gulp it ! i like my coffee HOT, and I couldn't do it. I gave up using metal flasks whatever make, they just don't cut it. Yes more delicate obviously and I break one or two a year, usually at work ! but you learn to protect them, and be careful with them, I always keep a new spare just in case of breakage, I get mine from Asdas.

image_67172609.JPG

Thermos do a 1.8 litre flask keeps hot for 12 hours .... and it does ! After 8 hours of use and 1/3 of a flask left I'd give you a tenner if you could gulp it ! i like my coffee HOT, and I couldn't do it. I gave up using metal flasks whatever make, they just don't cut it. Yes more delicate obviously and I break one or two a year, usually at work ! but you learn to protect them, and be careful with them, I always keep a new spare just in case of breakage, I get mine from Asdas.

View attachment 17625
Ian, ive had them 1.8ltr flasks in the past, and they are so damn fragile. You say metal flasks just dont cut it. My ( metal ) Thermos King is 10 plus years old, and is far superior to the plastic/glass blue one. If youve never tried one, give it a go, comes with a 25 year gaurantee. 👍

P.S. KEEPS WATER HOT FOR 24 HOURS.

I, LL give you £50 quid if you could gulp it the next day. ;)

Last edited:
Ian, ive had them 1.8ltr flasks in the past, and they are so damn fragile. You say metal flasks just dont cut it. My ( metal ) Thermos King is 10 plus years old, and is far superior to the plastic/glass blue one. If youve never tried one, give it a go, comes with a 25 year gaurantee. 👍

P.S. KEEPS WATER HOT FOR 24 HOURS.

I, LL give you £50 quid if you could gulp it the next day. ;)
Never tried the Thermos King Derek, if it's as good as you say I'll have to get one ! 👍

One other little tip, while the kettle is boiling, fill the flask under the hot tap, and empty just as the kettle boils. That way, your not putting the boiled water into a cold flask.

One other little tip, while the kettle is boiling, fill the flask under the hot tap, and empty just as the kettle boils. That way, your not putting the boiled water into a cold flask.
Priming your flask. Yes this is an absolute must
I have a little sequence with mine to get the best out of it.
Fill and boil kettle then max flask out with boiling water.
Sit it open for 2 mins and pour back in kettle and reboil. Flask now primed and red hot.
Half fill flask back up with boiling water.
Then Add 200ml milk
Then add 5 tee spoons coffee
Brim with boiling water.
Good for 24h

still using my stainless steel coleman flask i got 20 years ago and works fine.

Back