• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Fined

Having as a customer when I was guiding, an accountant for the ACA before the "trouble" ....I can only say......Well deserved.........................

Doubt it was intentional, not many of us on here don't break the law albeit speeding or whatever ! Fines are very rarely a deterrant so just because he's a well known angler why the fuss ?

No sympathy .
He's set himself up as a role model - despite his dubious past at ACA - and role models have to lead by example - simples .
Shred him - donate the tackle . and I'm just a moderate .

Having as a customer when I was guiding, an accountant for the ACA before the "trouble" ....I can only say......Well deserved.........................

Absolutely Graham, spot on mate. However, as the case was dropped and no charges bought....for reasons known only to the ACA, then nothing was proven and so I guess it is risky to publicly expand on this issue from 2004.

Cheers, Dave.

it a pity the EA dont do it with all the cases reported, as a bailiff i`ve given them incidents on a plate of people fishing out of season, eastern europeans fishing without a licence and stealing fish but they have never prosecuted any of them, what bob did was plain stupid and whatever his other bad points are i cant help thinking the EA have only done him as he is high profile and it makes the EA look like they are doing something.

Here's the explanation given.

Are Shad classed a coarse fish or a game fish? I assume game but why would total COARSE fishing cover game fishing......

One look at Mr James website, in particular Shad days and ways, shows him fishing for them with fly gear....

someone is telling porkies me thinks

I have sympathies with Bob James, he has been a perfect role model with the Passion series, and who can forget that magnificent Winter roach session, so in many ways he was the inspiration for me and others I am sure.
However the guy is human and I guess it's easy to jump on the 'appalled' band wagon and head for the moral high ground :)
So Graham just what happened to post such regarding a not too much a veiled condemnation of the man's integrity regarding Guiding Accountants ACA and the like?
Season of Goodwill?
Not on here:mad:

Absolutely Graham, spot on mate. However, as the case was dropped and no charges bought....for reasons known only to the ACA, then nothing was proven and so I guess it is risky to publicly expand on this issue from 2004.

Cheers, Dave.

Yes and I would be careful not to air it on here too, unless you have deep pockets and a good brief:))

I have sympathies with Bob James, he has been a perfect role model with the Passion series, and who can forget that magnificent Winter roach session, so in many ways he was the inspiration for me and others I am sure.
However the guy is human and I guess it's easy to jump on the 'appalled' band wagon and head for the moral high ground :)
So Graham just what happened to post such regarding a not too much a veiled condemnation of the man's integrity regarding Guiding Accountants ACA and the like?
Season of Goodwill?

Neil,

I am human, a way less experienced angler than Mr James (is he a 10%'er?) but I have not been caught fishing in the closed season and sucessfully proseceuted....
Have you?

What about the TCF editor, sleepless nights??? I wonder why :eek:

Its not moral high ground being taken, its people who should and do know better trying to bend the rules to their advantage.......

Season of Goodwill?

Yeah perfect role model because of passion for angling , oh hang was probably making money from that as well and got lots of nice publicity , have heard a few shady stories involving him , the guy is human !!!! oh right so he gets the opportunity to break the law for some cash and jumps at it dont we give folk grief on these kind of things , why aint we heard what happened from the magazine that sanctioned the article ? have they had the journalist in for his excuse why he went along with doing it ? If James had stuck his hand up and said he knew it was wrong but wanted the bank to himself for the article , which is probably the truth then it might have been bit more honest though no less damning but no he came out with " its as simple as fishing out of season " but it was . If you think whats been said on here is bad , just go on facebook on the angling trust page and see what Martin Salter has to say

Will the magazines still use his articles? where is the moral high ground with them? Is this the same as a well known pike angler caught smuggling live baits into Ireland? I don't see any negative long term effect to him.

Brian

Neil,

I am human, a way less experienced angler than Mr James (is he a 10%'er?) but I have not been caught fishing in the closed season and sucessfully proseceuted....
Have you?

What about the TCF editor, sleepless nights??? I wonder why :eek:

Its not moral high ground being taken, its people who should and do know better trying to bend the rules to their advantage.......

No
But I understand why you asked.

But I have caught coarse fish in the close season,and I didn't know the rules regarding Shad either.
Did you?

No I don't Neil - but if I was going top target them, I would look up the rules etc...

Just like most of us do when joining a new club or visititng a new water for the first time

It stinks, the fine is palty and as said above by others it will have very little negative effect on his angling persona or money making ability

guys..........todays news,tomorows history.
im sure he will move on with a smirk on his face.........;)

No I don't Neil - but if I was going top target them, I would look up the rules etc...

Just like most of us do when joining a new club or visititng a new water for the first time

It stinks, the fine is palty and as said above by others it will have very little negative effect on his angling persona or money making ability

But he did go to court and was dealt with, unlike some other cases that were mentioned that did not.

As far as Shad are concerned they are off my radar, but I would check as to the legality of when I can fish for them , if I could at all.
Actually where I live, by the Lower Severn. used to be Shad heaven many years ago, they were so plentiful they were used as fertiliser, as maybe some on here will be the way this thread is heading:p

trotting pellets for them dont sound like something that would work , which is what he was doing when caught !!!!!!!!!!! the guy was in the wrong he knew it but tried to bull**** his way out at least the EE's openly say stuff the law

Back