• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

End of an era or dawn for change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had some shad in the Guadiana in Spain a couple of weeks back.

Dan, I remember when you were a young lad and Mr Pope used to post everywhere what a cracking future you had in barbel fishing, then you disappeared....... Have you been a BS member all the time?

Nah I let my membership lapse when I took a Barbel break - got somewhat distracted by beer and females and what. Now I'm all settled and grown up(ish!) I got back into dangling a couple of seasons back and renewed my membership this year.

Although this post is not directly related to the original one I'd just like to say------
I haven't been a member of the B/S for a long time and I haven't fished for the last couple of seasons or so. However last Thursday evening I had a phone call inviting me along to the B/S meeting being held in Bewdley on the Friday, and I must say it was a very enjoyable evening. Two excellent presentations by Rob Swindles and Pete Reading plus a very friendly crowd of folk who made me feel very welcome. So I would very much like to thank the chaps who gave up their time and organized this first class evening, also to all who turned up and gave their support.
Take care all and have a great 2015 season. Kindest Jim.

Although this post is not directly related to the original one I'd just like to say------
I haven't been a member of the B/S for a long time and I haven't fished for the last couple of seasons or so. However last Thursday evening I had a phone call inviting me along to the B/S meeting being held in Bewdley on the Friday, and I must say it was a very enjoyable evening. Two excellent presentations by Rob Swindles and Pete Reading plus a very friendly crowd of folk who made me feel very welcome. So I would very much like to thank the chaps who gave up their time and organized this first class evening, also to all who turned up and gave their support.

Just like to echo what jim has put above first class evening well done bobby for organising, and a big thankyou to rob and pete for taking the time to attend, cheers chaps.

Jim, like yourself, i took a break from fishing, and took up the swear word called " GOLF :eek: ". But after my son went with his cousin, and uncle, and me tagging along for the ride. My appetite to wet a line was soon rekindled. And thank god i did. :) Its now my escape from the rat race. :):):)

Actually I don't know if my mate Jim ever knew but I in fact asked if someone would invite Jim and take him along as I knew he's not as mobile as he use to be.

So glad he enjoyed it. He caught his first double on the Kennet as my guest.

Super bloke. If anyone gets to Bewdley look him up.

A mine of information.

Who's that Tony? I'm not a member.

Graham

Actually I don't know if my mate Jim ever knew but I in fact asked if someone would invite Jim and take him along as I knew he's not as mobile as he use to be.

So glad he enjoyed it. He caught his first double on the Kennet as my guest.

Super bloke. If anyone gets to Bewdley look him up.

A mine of information.

Who's that Tony? I'm not a member.

Graham

I had a chat with Jim at the Bewdley BS meeting a few months ago, and I concur Graham.:)

Hi Jim, good to see your still keeping busy mate, its been ages since i last saw you with malc and rayo good health and activity when and where you can Jim:):):):)....j.w

Rob Hilton stepped down Graham, all the same your leeds fans, no staying power. :)

But was he, or wasn't he, pushed for not getting the mag out on time? Pope had to finish it off, very late it was. Bad show all round.

Hi men,

Or it could be he had some serious problems in his family life:( , and as a volenteer for a single species group , not really our concern on a forum page ?.

Hatter

Well said Mark , all this petty point scoring and sniping borders on the pathetic at times , it goes well beyond a bit of harmless fun :mad:

Don't see anyone posting to score points or sniping either, its a forum and posting is allowed and posting about the committee members leaving is not a problem.

A few years back now, i had the pleasure of spending a day with Jim on the Severn, Malc as well. After the fishing was invited back to his house for a meal before heading home, never seen or had so much bloody good nosh, was treated like a guest in a 5* hotel. Very fond memories of a great day out.

Don't see anyone posting to score points or sniping either, its a forum and posting is allowed and posting about the committee members leaving is not a problem.

Hello Tony . Read through this whole topic again , no point scoring or sniping ? Do be serious , at times it's personal and petty . The moderators have commented several times to this effect . I am all for a healthy debate if done in a civilised and intelligent manner , I just don't understand why some people have to behave so childishly . Popular thread though ,so evidently some enjoy the cut and thrust of these ' debates ' ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back