• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

End of an era or dawn for change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony S and Tony R, why don,t you both grow a pair, and go and "face" the people you've obviously got a problem with, instead of hiding behind a keyboard ( OR ARE YOU BOTH BITCHING WOMEN IN DISGUISE ) ( no offence intended to genuine nice ladies ). Even a blind man can see what your both up to. Have either of you ever posted on any other thread apart from something to do with the BS ???

Tony 1 and Tony 2 (you will need to sort out between you who is the number 2), Lee Fletcher, Ray Wood- what is it with you guys!? Seriously, you know it's not normal right? Well obviously it feels normal to you but it really isn't. There is a weird obsession you have with Steve Pope and the BS. What happened all those years ago? Steve must have committed the most heinous of crimes for you to still be wasting cloud capacity with the petty scribblings posted here, on Fishing Magic and of course the wonderful River Telegraph.

Any bit of news, any slight or possible hint that something might be up- into print you go. Looking for angles and opportunities to present something that somehow undermines what the BS is about. And yet, at the same time you predict the demise of the BS, it's all coming crashing down and it's a total irrelevance. In which case, why on earth has a Facebook page been set up (The River Telegraph) where 99% of the posts are anti-BS nonsense. Usually based on something someone has said or announced on the BS FB page and then regurgitated in some distorted version to further the rhetoric of imminent BS destruction. That really isn't normal behaviour chaps, it really isn't.

Look, you can't go through life without upsetting someone or being upset by someone. But most people, normal people with a rational outlook on life, get worked up when the episode occurs. There might be fisty cuffs, a scuffle even. Some crockery might get broken, and a wicker basket containing a house plant and a packet of Jaffa cakes, could get crushed. It's horrible, we get it. But fairly soon, things settle down and people move on. Crockery is replaced and more Jaffa cakes are purchased. The wicker basket goes into the skip and isn't replaced because no one liked it anyway.

You see my point?

By all accounts this nonsense between some of you chaps and Steve relates to something that might have happened literally years ago. And I can only assume, given its a large dark cloud that never leaves your air space, that it was something so terrible, so profound in its horror, that letting go, moving on, simply isn't feasible. It can't be simply down to fair debate and challenge can it? It goes way beyond that. Plus why would you feel the need to challenge the workings of the BS, given that you all feel it's an irrelevance and close to extinction. I mean, a normal person wouldn't bother would they? Surely a normal person would find a cause worth fighting, something that really mattered and devoted their energies to that cause. That's got to be right hasn't it, for a sane and secure society to muddle along.

You cant be doing this for the benefit of BS members and prospective members can you because that would be massively arrogant and presumptuous. No one has appointed you have they- to speak on their behalf? Perhaps people can work it for themselves, you know if they want to join or not. But anyway, that doesn't matter either, because no one is joining apparently and the lights are going out as the door is finally shut.

You see, it's all a bit weird.

I fell out with a friend at school. Horrible situation that was. He stole my girlfriend which just wasn't the done thing. Annoyingly there was no internet back then, so I couldn't post embarrassing photos of him on YouTube or unfriend him on Facebook. Instead I had to settle for having sex with my ex girlfriend's mum who my mate and I always agreed was much hotter. We both moved on with our lives, it was along time ago.

Personally, I can't take any of you seriously at all. On the River Telegraph FB page, where it's all about freedom of speech and healthy debate apparently, with all the misinformation, distorted truths and God knows what else being posted on there, I asked to become a member so as to join the debate- you know, to actually make it a debate by offering an alternative view point. But my membership was not accepted and I was blocked. Why would that be? I mean, here we had a BS committee person, happy to enter the ring and deal with all those questions you felt had never been properly answered. Very disappointing.

It's only fishing chaps.

Thank goodness I'm not on facebook , the thought of being 'unfriended 'makes my blood run cold . Anyway a good post Mr Cooke, erudite and witty but getting the point across . The point being is all this BS bashing and personal sniping is not very becoming to us practitioners of the gentle art . Let it lie for pity's sake.

Thank goodness I'm not on facebook , the thought of being 'unfriended 'makes my blood run cold . Anyway a good post Mr Cooke, erudite and witty but getting the point across . The point being is all this BS bashing and personal sniping is not very becoming to us practitioners of the gentle art . Let it lie for pity's sake.

Quite so Mr Hodgkiss. That'll be my only post on the matter. Life is way too short.

Spent a blissful two hours trotting today in 2ft of flowing water. So many dace- it was wonderful.

Howard,.....

" That'll be my only post on the matter. Life is way too short".

Thank the Lord.

Is it "normal" to bonk your girlfriends mum?

"No one has appointed you have they"............ That bit really made me laugh, the irony.

Rest isn't really worth comment, but,....I thought everyone knew I was Tony2.

Tony 1 and Tony 2 (you will need to sort out between you who is the number 2), Lee Fletcher, Ray Wood- what is it with you guys!? Seriously, you know it's not normal right? Well obviously it feels normal to you but it really isn't. There is a weird obsession you have with Steve Pope and the BS. What happened all those years ago? Steve must have committed the most heinous of crimes for you to still be wasting cloud capacity with the petty scribblings posted here, on Fishing Magic and of course the wonderful River Telegraph.

Any bit of news, any slight or possible hint that something might be up- into print you go. Looking for angles and opportunities to present something that somehow undermines what the BS is about. And yet, at the same time you predict the demise of the BS, it's all coming crashing down and it's a total irrelevance. In which case, why on earth has a Facebook page been set up (The River Telegraph) where 99% of the posts are anti-BS nonsense. Usually based on something someone has said or announced on the BS FB page and then regurgitated in some distorted version to further the rhetoric of imminent BS destruction. That really isn't normal behaviour chaps, it really isn't.

Look, you can't go through life without upsetting someone or being upset by someone. But most people, normal people with a rational outlook on life, get worked up when the episode occurs. There might be fisty cuffs, a scuffle even. Some crockery might get broken, and a wicker basket containing a house plant and a packet of Jaffa cakes, could get crushed. It's horrible, we get it. But fairly soon, things settle down and people move on. Crockery is replaced and more Jaffa cakes are purchased. The wicker basket goes into the skip and isn't replaced because no one liked it anyway.

You see my point?

By all accounts this nonsense between some of you chaps and Steve relates to something that might have happened literally years ago. And I can only assume, given its a large dark cloud that never leaves your air space, that it was something so terrible, so profound in its horror, that letting go, moving on, simply isn't feasible. It can't be simply down to fair debate and challenge can it? It goes way beyond that. Plus why would you feel the need to challenge the workings of the BS, given that you all feel it's an irrelevance and close to extinction. I mean, a normal person wouldn't bother would they? Surely a normal person would find a cause worth fighting, something that really mattered and devoted their energies to that cause. That's got to be right hasn't it, for a sane and secure society to muddle along.

You cant be doing this for the benefit of BS members and prospective members can you because that would be massively arrogant and presumptuous. No one has appointed you have they- to speak on their behalf? Perhaps people can work it for themselves, you know if they want to join or not. But anyway, that doesn't matter either, because no one is joining apparently and the lights are going out as the door is finally shut.

You see, it's all a bit weird.

I fell out with a friend at school. Horrible situation that was. He stole my girlfriend which just wasn't the done thing. Annoyingly there was no internet back then, so I couldn't post embarrassing photos of him on YouTube or unfriend him on Facebook. Instead I had to settle for having sex with my ex girlfriend's mum who my mate and I always agreed was much hotter. We both moved on with our lives, it was along time ago.

Personally, I can't take any of you seriously at all. On the River Telegraph FB page, where it's all about freedom of speech and healthy debate apparently, with all the misinformation, distorted truths and God knows what else being posted on there, I asked to become a member so as to join the debate- you know, to actually make it a debate by offering an alternative view point. But my membership was not accepted and I was blocked. Why would that be? I mean, here we had a BS committee person, happy to enter the ring and deal with all those questions you felt had never been properly answered. Very disappointing.

It's only fishing chaps.

Your more concerned then me given the size of your post.

Last edited:
It would be better had he the slightest idea what he was on about.

Just accept it's way outside your understanding Howard and stop trying to be clever. As we say up ere, tha knows nowt cock.

It would be better had he the slightest idea what he was on about.

Just accept it's way outside your understanding Howard and stop trying to be clever. As we say up ere, tha knows nowt cock.

Tony , one thing for sure Howard is no mug, he is in fact clever I would suggest he would be able to grasp what bothers you and yours regarding the personal and seemingly unjustified personal attacks on fellow anglers.
In all my years in angling I have made friends with many folk, and look upon the sport that engenders good will and no malice.
So why should you feel the need to continue with the constant vieled unpleasant comments to certain individuals is beyond me, whatever your motives are the majority are just not interested, especially on here.
Just why you can carry on in this manner without intervention by moderating is a mystery, so I guess then it is in your hands to moderate yourself , if you can't may I suggest continue your campaign somewhere else?

Tony , one thing for sure Howard is no mug, he is in fact clever I would suggest he would be able to grasp what bothers you and yours regarding the personal and seemingly unjustified personal attacks on fellow anglers.
In all my years in angling I have made friends with many folk, and look upon the sport that engenders good will and no malice.
So why should you feel the need to continue with the constant vieled unpleasant comments to certain individuals is beyond me, whatever your motives are the majority are just not interested, especially on here.
Just why you can carry on in this manner without intervention by moderating is a mystery, so I guess then it is in your hands to moderate yourself , if you can't may I suggest continue your campaign somewhere else?

Or anywhere else!

iStock_000006498992XSmall_zpsjxu7s6zi.jpg

Tempted to close this thread. Seemingly spawned in mischief and does nothing for this site. Great responses by some, predictable pooh by others.
Behave please.

Cheers
Bob

Close it for me Bob, I lost interest ages ago, just giving em something to moan about.

Lets face it there isn't much else happening these days is there.

And, just where is everybody worthwhile anyway?

You left because you couldn't get your own way Graham. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back