• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Ebay madness

It is amazing how many "inherited collections will be auctioned off in the coming months" that appear on Ebay................... makes you wonder as too what will happen too your collection when you shuffle of too the river in the sky!

It’s in poor nick with that varnish and whippings. It'll be murder to try to maintain the transfers and I think from the pics Dave "Philistine" Gauntlet is right the rings are not Allcocks.

Aaaah Jeeez....not another middle name :D If I stay on this forum much longer, it will take me all day to write my full name....and I would get arrested :p

Cheers, Dave.

Stop it Ade, I just bought a chapmans 500 I didnt want!

I MUST NOT LOOK AT EBAY,. I MUST NOT LOOK AT EBAY.......

Last edited:
Seen quite a number of auctions on there based on the same theme. They rely on surprise followed by amusement, which often enough ends up with the beguiled punter having a bid because they are totally bemused by the novelty of the wording. Eventually it will become commonplace and stop working, but for now there is money to be made out of utter rubbish, purely because of the way the advert is worded.

Snake oil sellers have long recognised the fact that human nature is very predictable, once you get over the surprises it constantly presents :D:D

Cheers, Dave.

Back