• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Carp

Thanx chaps.

They certainly are, Tim. A mate refers to the pit as the "Devil's Pond". Which name I think really suits it. It's one of those very few places where you can truthfully say you're fishing for Wild Carp.

I know of caught fish that have been so "angry" in the fight, in the net and on the mat, they've had to be returned quickly, barely weighed, without even a photo, having burst blood vessels in their gills from thrashing. They're caught so rarely that they think they're going to die.

The challenge really is of catching any fish here. The weight is unimportant other than a simple recording of that capture.

It's the sort of place that gnaws at you. Because you get so few runs (from any species) you're constantly wondering whether it's your rigs, or your bait, or your location, or...............!
Only when it finally happens do you feel such a wave of relief and release.

I love it. :)

first time Ive been on here for a while, and what a cracking result. congrats Simon I know the feeling, pretty good isnt it :D

France trip

My yearly one week trip to france carp fishing is nearly here, 1st July, cant wait:D Hoping to beat my pb common again and my mirror:D

I bet that went...

CRcarp.JPG

Common from the Colorado River, U.S.A.

A very long lean common, a cold bottle of "the king of beers" and not a bow (and arrow) in sight.................

PERFICK!!

Back