• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

-9 faranheight Barbel

So Pons, after definitively clearing myself of any wrong doing, your failure to retract edit or apologise for the vilifying statement you made by you, I can only assume you didn't see my post because if you have, sorry but that would make you ignorant, arrogant or both of...

Ironic though if you'd seen it (which I find hard to believe such an astute man as yourself has not) you see fit to write lines like this:
"more's the shame that a few plonkers are dominating this board with forum twaddle ,and thinking scoring points is more important than catching a few fish and having the craic with fellow anglers."

If my suspisions are indeed correct, I guess you're the "plonker" and not anyone else.

Last edited:
GE and CP singing from the same hymn sheet....I've been ill with a high temperature for a few days and thought I was getting better but clearly I'm still suffering fever-induced delusions.....NURSE! Another lem-sip please and a rub down with the sporting pink.

I retract nothing Mr Colin Gordon,if the cap fits ,wear it ,and if you are one of the plonkers I refer too ,then so be it.
708 posts makes you one of the most active on here and one of the most vocal,and I am sure the custodians and your audience will have made there own minds up as to whether the cap of plonker fits,or does not.

Adrian,
Happy New Year,mate.:)

Well Chris, I guess that sentiment just goes to confirm my thoughts, you're certainly a very ignorant and arrogant man.

Also with that in mind, irony strikes again, you therefore fit the cap of a "plonker" perfectly, a tailored fit, no less.

Well that's a relief then ,I will be able to use all those attributes when viewing your boring posts ,and not restraining myself by trying to be nice .
Lots of love ,
Pons

Pons - disgraceful behaviour. I hope you have chance to think of how you are portraying yourself to all & what you try to represent

How dare you! You know nothing about me and don't get you knickers in a twist-is that a crude northern expression? sorry! By the way I think I know more about yorkshire people than you do although I haven't seen all the hovis/tetley tea adverts.I haven't a clue what you are are talking about re racism and police stations - but I suggest it may be taken as evidence that you have fallen off your trolley. I did try appeasement, but you didn't have the graciousness to accept it. Is that a berkshire thing?

Geoff , none of those Hovis adverts were even made in Yorkshire so you will learn nowt from them :D Lighten up , it's only fishing , let's have a look at your 20lb Pike , show us all what a lean mean Yorkshire fighting machine looks like , presuming it was caught in Yorkshire that is ...

Well that's a relief then ,I will be able to use all those attributes when viewing your boring posts ,and not restraining myself by trying to be nice .
Lots of love ,
Pons

Chris, it would appear I over estimated one of your attributes, certainly not your arrogance but I wrongly attributed you with astuteness, as obviously if present you'd use it to trigger your ever abundant ignorance, so on seeing my name rather than risk being bored by my posts you'd opt just skip past them.

Oh yes it is .......................:)

Chris, it would appear I over estimated one of your attributes, certainly not your arrogance but I wrongly attributed you with astuteness, as obviously if present you'd use it to trigger your ever abundant ignorance, so on seeing my name rather than risk being bored by my posts you'd opt just skip past them.
Colin Gordon 2011

If that is not the most self righteous load of old twaddle ever written on here ,it would take a post from Shakespeare to top it.

As for skipping past them ,that would be too easy and I would miss the enjoyment and the laughter of reading your latest tome.:)

Keep it nice now chaps and remember that you can get done for defamation unless you are telling the truth.

I know one "Named" angler who went too far on his blog and was called into the Police station to answer questions about Racial Harrasment after a particularly nasty slur against another angler. He was strongly warned about his conduct. Some Bobbies know what they are talking about.

It quietened him down for a bit but even now he has started "forgetting" how to behave. He has even begun fantasize that the person who reported the incident was at fault.

So be careful that what you say you can substantiate with fact and don't use a blog or post to fib or abuse.

You obviously didn't appreciate the irony then mike. I will post my river 20's photos(5) although most are pre my digital age -so will scan for you-one is in the pike anglers mag but was a stillwater fish so I don't count it! will try to source the month -it was the first twenty from a 'secret' north yorks stillwater ha ha- and of course prior to a recently dwindling dalliance with barbus and a tiring of followers such as those that appear on these pages that should know better.
Graham you really are a simplistic individual - spill the beans about your racist angler if you like. It would help, as most of us haven't a clue what you are talking about yet you seem to be tittering into your jumper about it like an overgrown schoolboy! Maybe you will need your mate chris to substantiate your weak arguments again - get a grip guys! Guiding not going well at the moment?

Last edited:
Chris.

I think you misheard him......:D (and that was a joke)

Geoff.

So messages from other posters of your dismissal from the Yorkshire Angling site were untrue?:rolleyes::p

Dean (in pink)

I bet you say that to all the boys.................:eek:

Which part of my post were you trying to address then graham? You really are getting into this forum aren't you - sorry I forgot -you never post anymore. Listening to others led to the expression 'send three and fourpence we are going to advance' remember.Interestingly, the website(one moderator who shall remain nameless from hull) couldn't cope with my condemnation of the outrageous unchallenged racist remarks that were posted on the site-but was happy to side with the protagonists.

Last edited:
Colin Gordon 2011

If that is not the most self righteous load of old twaddle ever written on here ,it would take a post from Shakespeare to top it.

As for skipping past them ,that would be too easy and I would miss the enjoyment and the laughter of reading your latest tome.:)

Nah, for self righteous twaddle this gem really is tops especially in view of your out-pourings on this thread:
"more's the shame that a few plonkers are dominating this board with forum twaddle ,and thinking scoring points is more important than catching a few fish and having the craic with fellow anglers."
(no prizes for guessing the "plonker" who wrote that twaddle)

Keep digging Pons, you may strike gold, if not at least it gives you plenty of $hit to sling, even if most lands back on you.

now this is why i like this forum, even the twaddle is fairly light hearted, some of my other haunts the mods have to lock the threads when the toys that getting thrown out of the prams start having bricks in them:D:D:D

You obviously didn't appreciate the irony then mike. I will post my river 20's photos(5) although most are pre my digital age -so will scan for you-one is in the pike anglers mag but was a stillwater fish so I don't count it! will try to source the month -it was the first twenty from a 'secret' north yorks stillwater ha ha- and of course prior to a recently dwindling dalliance with barbus and a tiring of followers such as those that appear on these pages that should know better.
Graham you really are a simplistic individual - spill the beans about your racist angler if you like. It would help, as most of us haven't a clue what you are talking about yet you seem to be tittering into your jumper about it like an overgrown schoolboy! Maybe you will need your mate chris to substantiate your weak arguments again - get a grip guys! Guiding not going well at the moment?

Irony ? Far too subtle for me Geoff :)Look forward to the pike pictures , don't tell us the exact weights and we can have some fun guessing . Good game , good game ...

Back