• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

3 16lbers in one sitting.

Hi Ray.I'v put the other two fish in the Nene gallery.Check them out and see what you think about recapture.

Nigel, could the second and third fish be of the same? I can see a mark just below the dorsal that appears to be the same/similar on both barbel, what are your thoughts?

Wow...
I would give my wifes left arm for a 16 pounder , probably both arms for two

Dave

cor blimey for three sixteens you can have my wife, mind you i've had her for 39 years so she's a bit fraid at the edges !!!....:D

Brilliant catch Nigel, well done and thanks for sharing the pictures...:)

Originally Posted by Nigel Bryans
Hi Ray.I'v put the other two fish in the Nene gallery.Check them out and see what you think about recapture.

I've put all three into photoshop and the second and third fish (in order of capture) have different shaped pelvic fins. If you look closely you'll see that the one taken in the dark has a kink in its leading edge.

As regards the two caught in daylight, whilst there's a slightly different angle because one of the fish has its head turned away from the camera, the shape of the head on the other looks much longer and flatter, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Great feat whether or not recaptures, there cannot be many that have achieved a dream session like this and tbh it blows my mind! Well done that man...

Bleeeedin heck :eek: That has got to be one of the best barbel captures of all time, certainly in that time span, surely? Absolutely well done that man. You must have tripped over a horse shoe, with a black cat on your shoulder, and one foot in dog poo :D

Great stuff fella, congratulations. Get them in every competitions going, that has GOT to win :)

If you could just PM me the swim, bait and method :p

Cheers, Dave.

Absolutely mind-blowingly amazing.Well done Nigel.Not jealous in the slightest...........now where's those golf clubs:D

Regards
Pete.

ray, the daylight pics are 16lb and 16lb 8oz the other 16lb 8oz is the one in the dark, i know nigels scales arn`t out by 8oz as we fish together and have checked each others to see if they are the same.

Hi Ray,there is an 8oz difference between those fish mate.Its really about the fish that looks pale and the night time fish.They both weighed 16.8.
Thanks.

Back